Coronado Area Council
|Coronado Area Council|
|Owner||Boy Scouts of America|
|Scout Executive||Wendy Shaw|
The council headquarters is located in Salina, Kansas and the council is organized into five districts.
- Triconda District, encompassing Saline, Ellsworth, Lincoln, Ottawa, Cloud, Mitchell, and Republic counties and the city of Abilene in Dickinson county.
- Konza District: Dickinson, Geary, Morris, Clay, Washington and Riley counties
- Wheatland District: Russell, Ellis, Trego, Osborne, Rooks and Gove counties
- Tomahawk District: Graham, Norton, Decatur, Sheridan, Phillips, Smith and Jewell counties
- Buffalo Bill District: Sherman, Cheyenne, Wallace, Thomas, Rawlins, and Logan counties
The Dane G. Scout Reservation (known by the early counselors as "Kirwin", was originally a wilderness camp. It had few facilities, no permanent housing for staff, and everybody did their own cooking. I was on the staff in 1965, 1966, and 1967. The focus of the camp has changed. It is now an opportunity for campers to learn a wider range of Scouting skills.
Dane G. Hansen Scout Reservation
|Dane G. Hansen Scout Reservation|
The location of the Dane G. Hansen Scout Reservation within the state of Kansas and Phillips County.
|Location||2 miles SSW Kirwin, Kansas|
|Founder||Dane G. Hansen|
|Camp Director||Rex Lowe|
|Program Director||Scott Logan|
Dane G. Hansen Scout Reservation, often called Camp Hansen, is the Coronado Area Council's summer Scout camp, located two miles south-southwest of Kirwin, Kansas. The coordinates are , and it is a part of the Kirwin National Wildlife Refuge.
Tribe of the Golden Eagle
The Coronado Area Council operates a leadership program, the Tribe of Golden the Eagle at Camp Hansen. The program was inspired by the Pony Express Council and Heart of America Council's Tribe of Mic-O-Say. Membership is indicated by the wearing of replica eagle claws, with the number of claws and the paint on the tips of the claws indicating rank within the tribe.
Kidi Kidsh Lodge
|This section needs expansion with: Section. You can help by adding to it. (August 2009)|
The Kidi Kidsh Lodge is the Coronado Area Council lodge in the Order of the Arrow, the national Boy Scout honor society.