Coronation Street timeline
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Coronation Street has had a large number of major events. There have been over 2000 storylines. Some of the most notable are included in this article.
- 1 1960s
- 2 1970s
- 3 1980s
- 4 1990s
- 5 2000s
- 6 2010s
- 7 References
- 9 December 1960: First episode of Coronation Street broadcast live.
- 30 December 1960: May Hardman collapses and dies in her hallway of a brain tumour, the first ever death in Coronation Street. (last appearance of May Hardman)
- 25 January 1961: Len Fairclough first appears.
- 27 January 1961: Actress Eileen Derbyshire first appears in the role of Miss Emily Nugent.
- 8 February 1961: Alf Roberts first appears.
- 12 June 1961: Linda Cheveski gives birth to Paul Cheveski, the programme's first baby. (first appearance of Paul Cheveski)
- 11 September 1961: Ida Barlow is hit and killed by a bus. (last appearance of Ida Barlow)
- 2 October 1961: Harry Hewitt marries barmaid Concepta Riley.
- 1962: Ken Barlow marries Valerie Tatlock.
- 1962: Jack and Annie Walker celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.
- 13 May 1964: Martha Longhurst suffers a heart attack in The Rovers Return Snug and dies. (last appearance of Martha Longhurst)
- 29 June 1964: Stan Ogden first appears.
- 8 July 1964: Hilda Ogden first appears.
- 19 August 1964: Harry and Concepta Hewitt move to Ireland. (last appearance of Harry and Concepta Hewitt until 1967)
- 2 December 1964: Rita Littlewood first appears. (Rita Littlewood's first appearance as a cameo role; returns in 1972)
- 27 January 1965: Ena Sharples and Elsie Tanner clash in the street; Ena has become Elsie's new landlady and orders Elsie out of the house. Ena attacks her and smashes one of Number 11's windows with her handbag.
- 31 August 1965: Number 7 collapses into the street due to a faulty beam; the residents evacuate their houses.
- 5 April 1965: Valerie Barlow gives birth to twins, Susan and Peter Barlow. (first appearances of Peter and Susan Barlow)
- 17 November 1965: A piece of coal falls from the Barlows' fireplace and starts a blaze that nearly kills baby twins Susan and Peter.
- 11 January 1967: Ena Sharples breaks down when her daughter, Vera Lomax, dies from a brain tumour. (last appearance of Vera Lomax)
- 10 May 1967: A goods train derails from the top of the viaduct on Viaduct Street, crashing into Coronation Street. Several of the residents are missing and feared dead: Jack Walker turns up unharmed, as do Lucille Hewitt and Elsie Tanner. Ena Sharples is found unconscious but alive under the rubble, as is a police officer, P.C. Jimmy Conway. Conway's girlfriend, Sonia Peters, is found dead. (last appearance of Sonia Peters)
- 4 September 1967: Elsie Tanner marries Steve Tanner. Harry and Concepta Hewitt return for the ceremony; Harry is later crushed to death whilst fixing his broken-down van when the jack slips. (return of Concepta and Harry Hewitt, last appearance of Harry Hewitt)
- 29 May 1968: Dennis Tanner marries Jenny Sutton.
- 5 August 1968: Convicted rapist Frank Riley breaks into the Barlow's maisonette and takes Valerie Barlow hostage. She is rescued by the police.
- 28 September 1968: Steve Tanner is murdered. (last appearance of Steve Tanner)
- 2 June 1969: Betty Turpin first appears.
- 29 October 1969: A coach crash leaves several of the residents of the Street injured and the coach driver dead. Ray Langton suffers a spinal injury; Ena Sharples faints; Elsie Tanner breaks her arm; Annie Walker dislocates her jaw; Jack Walker breaks his sternum; Emily Nugent suffers bruises; and Minnie Caldwell loses a severe amount of blood and is left unconscious.
- 3 November 1969: First colour episode of Coronation Street is broadcast.
- 8 April 1970: David Barlow is involved in a car crash in Australia and is killed instantly. His son Darren dies in hospital the next day as a result of his injuries.
- 8 July 1970: Jack Walker dies of a heart attack whilst visiting his daughter.
- 22 July 1970: Elsie Tanner marries Alan Howard.
- 21 December 1970: Joe Donnelli commits suicide after confessing to the murder of Steve Tanner. (last appearance of Joe Donneli)
- 27 January 1971: Valerie Barlow is electrocuted by a faulty hairdryer and is killed instantly; a blaze is started in the maisonette. (last appearance of Valarie Barlow)
- 14 June 1971: Ivy Tilsley first appears.
- 11 August 1971: Mavis Riley first appears.
- 15 January 1973: Alf Roberts is chosen as the next Mayor of Weatherfield. He asks Maggie Clegg to be Mayoress and Len Fairclough to be Deputy Mayor.
- 5 February 1973: Maggie Clegg turns down Alf Roberts's offer to be his Mayoress, worried about what would happen to the Corner Shop.
- 5 March 1973: The residents are evacuated to the Community Centre following the gas leak in No.1.
- 7 May 1973: Alf Roberts and Annie Walker are installed as Mayor and Mayoress of Weatherfield.
- 21 May 1973: Len Fairclough asks Rita Littlewood to run his new business investment - a newsagent that will come to be known as The Kabin.
- 11 June 1973: The Kabin opens its door for the first time. Rita Littlewood interviews Mavis Riley for the position of assistant and offers her for job.
- 13 July 1973: Mavis Riley starts work at The Kabin.
- 29 August 1973: The women of the Street put on a cabaret drag show in the Rovers.
- 3 October 1973: Elsie Howard leaves the programme after 13 years. (last appearance of Elsie Howard until 1976)
- 31 October 1973: Ken Barlow marries Janet Reid.
- 5 December 1973: Stan and Hilda Ogden celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. Norma Ford leaves the Street.
- 25 February 1974: Cyril Turpin dies. (last appearance of Cyril Turpin)
- 27 February 1974: Betty Turpin becomes confused following Cyril's death.
- 6 March 1974: Cyril Turpin's funeral takes place.
- 3 July 1974: Lucille Hewitt leaves for Ireland. (last appearance of Lucille Hewitt)
- 10 July 1974: Maggie Clegg marries Ron Cooke.
- 29 July 1974: Gail Potter first appears.
- 19 August 1974: Vera Duckworth first appears.
- 19 August 1974: Blanche Hunt first appears.
- 23 December 1974: Eddie Yeats first appears.
- 3 January 1975: Mavis Riley accepts Carlos's proposal, but changes her mind when she finds out he only wants to marry her to get a work permit.
- 13 January 1975: Last appearance of Maggie Cooke.
- April 1975: Frank Barlow dies of a stroke, aged 62. (last appearance of Frank Barlow)
- 7 July 1975: Ray Langton marries Deirdre Hunt.
- 1 October 1975: A warehouse fire kills Edna Gee and two other factory workers. The storyline is part of the show's 15th anniversary. (last appearance of Edna Gee)
- 10 November 1975: Jerry Booth dies from a heart attack. (last appearance of Jerry Booth)
- 24 November 1975: Annie Walker collapses following a break-in at the Rovers.
- 5 April 1976: Elsie Howard returns after three years.
- 7 April 1976: Minnie Caldwell moves to Whaley Bridge.
- 11 October 1976: Mike Baldwin first appears.
- 24 January 1977: Tracy Langton is born to Ray and Deirdre Langton.
- 21 February 1977: Ken Barlow's estranged wife Janet dies of a drug overdose. (last appearance of Janet Reid)
- 20 April 1977: Len Fairclough marries Rita Littlewood.
- 19 October 1977: A party for Annie on her 40 years of being in the Rovers.
- 30 November 1977: Elsie pays the phone bill and demands... off each of the girls.
- 26 December 1977: Eddie's stock of turkeys arrive - a day late for Christmas.
- 9 January 1978: Ernest Bishop is shot during a robbery at Baldwin's Casuals.
- 11 January 1978: Ernest Bishop is killed by two armed robbers at Mike Baldwin's factory. (last appearance of Ernest Bishop)
- 22 February 1978: Renee Bradshaw accepts Alf Roberts's proposal of marriage.
- 20 March 1978: Alf Roberts marries Renee Bradshaw.
- 19 June 1978: The machine staff of Baldwin's Casuals goes on strike in support of sacked Hilda Ogden.
- 15 November 1978: Ray Langton moves to Holland, leaving his wife Deirdre and daughter Tracy. (last appearance of Ray Langton)
- 27 December 1978: Brian Tilsley gets drunk at Ron Mather's party at No.11 and asks Gail Potter out on a date. (first appearance of Brian Tilsley)
- 7 March 1979: A lorry crashes into The Rovers Return, injuring Alf Roberts, Mike Baldwin and Betty Turpin. Deirdre Langton believes that her young daughter Tracy is trapped underneath the rubble and panics.
- 14 April 1979: First appearance of Audrey Potter.
- 28 November 1979: Gail Potter marries Brian Tilsley. Jack Duckworth makes his first appearance.
- 2 January 1980: The men go for an early morning "hair of the dog" in the Rovers. The first Coronation Street episode of the 1980s.
- 12 March 1980: Fred installs the bell-push in the Rovers, much to Betty's disdain.
- 2 April 1980: 80-year-old Ena Sharples makes her last appearance after 20 years. She goes to stay with an old friend, Henry Foster. (last appearance of Ena Sharples)
- 2 June 1980: The 2000th episode of Coronation Street.
- 23 July 1980: Hilda allows Eddie to lodge at No.13 on a permanent basis.
- 28 July 1980: Renee Roberts is killed after a lorry smashes into the back of her husband Alf's car in a country lane. (last appearance of Renee Roberts)
- 12 November 1980: Albert puts on his medals and takes the bus to Manchester where he lays a wreath for Monty Shawcross.
- 19 November 1980: Bet's picture is on the front page of the Gazette along with the bin boycott story.
- 31 December 1980: A son, Nicholas, is born to Gail and Brian Tilsley. (first appearance of Nick Tilsley)
- 21 February 1983: Ken Barlow discovers that his wife is having an affair with Mike Baldwin.
- 12 October 1983: Annie Walker retires to Derby to live with her daughter, Joan. (last appearance of Annie Walker)
- 19 October 1983: Kevin Webster first appears.
- 7 December 1983: Len Fairclough dies in an off-screen car crash after visiting his mistress in Bolton.
- Ena Sharples dies of old age aged 85 off-screen.
- Christine Hardman dies of a brain tumour aged 45 off-screen.
- 4 January 1984: Elsie Tanner leaves the Street to live in Portugal with her boyfriend of the '60s, Bill Gregory; she follows a horde of departing favourites, leaving the show bereft of familiar faces in 1983 and 1984. (last appearance of Elsie Tanner and Bill Gregory)
- 14 May 1984: Albert Tatlock dies off-screen of old age.
- 21 November 1984: Stan Ogden dies off-screen in hospital.
- 28 January 1985: First appearance of Martin Platt as he starts work in Jim's Cafe. The Clayton family move into No.11.
- 18 March 1985: The 2500th episode of Coronation Street.
- 22 May 1985: Kevin Webster moves into No.13 as Hilda Ogden's lodger.
- 9 September 1985: Bet Lynch opens the newly refurbished Corner Shop when Miss Weatherfield proves unavailable. A drunken Alf Roberts proposes to Rita Fairclough.
- 21 October 1985: The missing Tracy Langton is found in Newcastle and returned to Weatherfield by Susan Barlow.
- 9 December 1985: 25th anniversary of Coronation Street.
- 23 December 1985: Alf Roberts marries Audrey Potter.
- 30 December 1985: Mike Baldwin and Susan Barlow leave for London to spend the New Year together.
- 1 January 1986: Ken Barlow finds out that his daughter, Susan has spent New Year in London with his enemy, Mike Baldwin.
- 6 January 1986: First appearance of Jenny Bradley. Police break the news her mother has been run over and killed.
- 15 January 1986: First appearance of Alan Bradley, and sees his daughter, Jenny for the first time in eight years.
- 22 January 1986: When Ken Barlow finds out his daughter, Susan has got back with Mike Baldwin, he goes to Baldwin's Casuals and thumps Mike, declaring: "I've had enough of your poison in my family."
- 27 January 1986: Sally Seddon first appears.
- 12 February 1986: Alf Roberts buys 11 Coronation Street, much to his wife Audrey's horror.
- 3 March 1986: The 2600th episode of Coronation Street.
- 17 March 1986: Alf and Audrey Roberts move into No.11.
- 2 April 1986: Peter and Susan Barlow celebrate their 21st birthday with a party.
- 9 April 1986: Kevin Webster and Terry Duckworth fight in the Builder's Yard over Sally Seddon.
- 23 April 1986: Audrey Roberts opens a hairdressing salon in No.11.
- 28 April 1986: Hilda Ogden's deceased friend Ada Arrowsmith leaves Hilda her cat, Rommel, in her will.
- 30 April 1986: Peter Barlow accuses Ken of neglecting him and Susan for most of their lives.
- 7 May 1986: Bert Tilsley's nephew, Ian Latimer, arrives to stay and immediately falls for Gail Tilsley.
- 14 May 1986: Mike Baldwin marries Susan Barlow.
- 19 May 1986: Vera Duckworth collects the Vauxhall Nova prize she won in a competition that Jack entered in her name for "Husband of the Year."
- 21 May 1986: Sally Seddon is thrown out of the house by her disapproving father after spending the night with Kevin Webster.
- 28 May 1986: Gail Tilsley, tired of her old routine, succmubs to the advances of husband Brian's cousin Ian Latimer and starts sleeping with him. Hilda Ogden demands Sally Seddon to leave No.13 when she hears that Kevin Webster has been allowing her to stay over, but changes her mind when she witnesses Sally's mother forcing her to hand over her dole money to buy beer for her father.
- 4 June 1986: Alan Bradley attacks Terry Duckworth in the Rovers when he hears Terry has been complaining about him in front of Jenny Bradley.
- 18 June 1986: A fuse box in The Rovers Return explodes and rips through the pub trapping Bet Lynch.
- 28 July 1986: Gail Tilsley reveals the she is pregnant, but she doesn't know if the father is husband, Brian or lover Ian Latimer.
- 13 August 1986: The residents attend the Rovers' reopening.
- 22 September 1986: Betty Turpin comes back out of retirement to work at the Rovers.
- 8 October 1986: Kevin Webster marries Sally Seddon.
- 10 December 1986: Martin Platt and Jenny Bradley start dating.
- 2 February 1987: A daughter, Sarah-Louise, is born to Gail and Brian Tilsley.
- 9 September 1987: Bet Lynch marries Alec Gilroy.
- 25 December 1987: Hilda Ogden, leaves the show after 23 years amid a huge public outcry. The episode attracts 26.8 million viewers.
- 15 February 1989: Brian Tilsley is stabbed to death outside a nightclub whilst trying to save a woman from a gang of thugs.
- 12 April 1989: Shirley Armitage leaves Curly Watts and Coronation Street.
- 16 August 1989: Mother of two, Gail Tisley begins a relationship with Martin Platt who is ten years her junior.
- 20 September 1989: The residents wake up to the sight of the Community Centre and the factory being knocked down.
- 27 October 1989: Liz and Jim McDonald first appear when they buy the house at number 11 from Alf Roberts.
- 4 December 1989: The 3000th episode of Coronation Street]].
- 6 December 1989: Twins Steve and Andy McDonald first appear.
- 8 December 1989: Alan Bradley is hit and killed by a Blackpool tram while chasing Rita Fairclough. The episode sets the record for the highest rated Coronation Street episode ever (26,930,000 viewers).
- 11 December 1989: Following Alan Bradley's death, Jenny Bradley identifies her dad's body.
- 15 December 1989: Alan Bradley's funeral takes place. Only Jenny Bradley attends, with Kevin and Sally Webster going to support her.
- 25 December 1989: Derek Winton finds out that he has lost his job.
- 27 December 1989: Steve McDonald kicks a football through the Corner Shop window, smashing it.
- 1 January 1990: After nine years of marriage, Deirdre Barlow rings in the New Year by throwing Ken into the street after his Christmas Eve admission of a three-month affair with secretary Wendy Crozier.
- 24 December 1990: Sally Webster delivers a daughter in the back of Don Brennan's taxi on the way to hospital. The baby is named Rosie because she is born on Rosamund Street.
- 25 December 1990: A son, David, is born to Gail and Martin Platt. Gail ends up in the hospital bed next to Sally.
- 2 January 1991: Ken Barlow's attempt at suicide is stopped by Bet Gilroy.
- 23 January 1991: First appearance of Raquel Wolstenhulme.
- 1 March 1991: Jenny Bradley leaves the Street.
- 10 July 1991: Percy Sugden sabotages Emily Bishop's attempts to sell No.3.
- 21 August 1991: Des Barnes set fire to his boat after a row with wife, Steph.
- 6 September 1991: Gail Tilsley proposes to Martin Platt.
- 27 September 1991: Gail Tilsley marries Martin Platt.
- 20 November 1991: Mike Baldwin moves into No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays.
- 25 December 1991: Jealous that his ex-partner, Alma Sedgewick has been seeing Ken Barlow, Mike Baldwin lures Alma to bed. Des Foster makes a pass to Bet Gilroy, but she throws him out of the Rovers.
- 27 December 1991: Andy McDonald is beaten up by a gang who is after his twin brother Steve.
- 1 January 1992: Liz McDonald goes into labour prematurely and delivers a daughter, Katie, who dies the next day.
- 12 February 1993: Lisa Duckworth is killed by a passing car outside The Rovers due to roadworks on Rosamund Street.
- 12 March 1993: Maureen Naylor first appears.
- 4 November 1994: Sally Webster and Kevin Webster have their second child, another daughter Sophie Webster.
- 25 November 1994: Deirdre Barlow marries Samir Rachid.
- 4 January 1995 Denise Osbourne and Ken Barlow have a son Daniel Osbourne.
- 2 June 1995: Samir Rachid dies in hospital after being waylaid by a group of youths while on his way to donate a kidney to Tracy Barlow.
- 23 August 1995: Ivy Brennan dies of a stroke off-screen, a year after her final appearance.
- 16 October 1995: Bet Gilroy leaves Coronation Street.
- 21 February 1997: Joyce Smedley, Judy Mallett's mother, dies after being run over by Tony Horrocks while walking her dog.
- 7 April 1997: Derek Wilton dies from heart attack during a road rage incident.
- 8 October 1997: Don Brennan dies after crashing Alma Baldwin's car into the viaduct. His death completes a reign of terror in which he set fire to Mike Baldwin's factory and drove his taxi into the River Irwell in an attempt to kill himself and passenger Alma.
- 26 January 1998: Hayley Patterson first appears as a supervisor in Firman's Freezers.
- 30 January 1998: 17-year-old Nick Tilsley marries his 16-year-old girlfriend Leanne Battersby.
- 18 March 1998: Ken Barlow's blind date, Babs Fanshawe, drops dead during their night out.
- 29 March 1998: Deirdre Rachid is sentenced to 18 months in prison for fraud, but is released three weeks later.
- 1 January 1999: Alf Roberts dies from a heart attack during Nick Tilsley's birthday party.
- 21 April 1999: Roy Cropper marries transsexual Hayley Patterson.
- 21 February 2000: Sarah-Louise Platt, at the age of 13, discovers that she is five months pregnant.
- 4 June 2000: Sarah-Louise Platt gives birth to a baby daughter, Bethany.
- 8 December 2000: After 40 hours of rehearsal, a special live episode of Coronation Street is broadcast to celebrate the programme's 40th anniversary. It is the first live episode since 1961 and features guest appearances by Prince Charles, Noddy Holder and Sir Trevor McDonald.
- 11 February 2001: Ken Barlow's daughter, Susan, is killed in a car accident.
- 13 April 2001: Toyah Battersby is raped in the ginnel beside The Rovers.
- 17 June 2001: Alma Baldwin dies of cervical cancer.
- 15 July 2001: A male adult internet stalker lures Sarah-Louise Platt to his home and holds her against her will after posing in a chat room as a 16-year-old.
- 26 December 2001: Emma and Curly Watts deliver a son, Ben, at home on their settee. Street busybody Norris Cole assists with the baby's birth.
- 2002/2003: Richard Hillman begins a reign of terror in which he sets fire to his mother-in-law Audrey Roberts' house, attempts to murder Emily Bishop, bludgeons Maxine Peacock to death with a crowbar and finally drowns in a canal in a murder/suicide attempt.
- 4 February 2002 Duggie Ferguson dies after falling from a fourth-story banister while arguing with Richard Hillman. Richard flees the scene, leaving Duggie to die from his injuries.
- 20 May 2002: Richard Hillman murders his ex-wife Patricia with a shovel after an argument.
- 10 June 2002: Bet Lynch returns to Coronation Street
- 21 October 2002: Aidan Critchley crashes Ken Barlow's car during a joy ride, fleeing the scene and leaving Sarah-Louise Platt seriously injured.
- 13 January 2003: Maxine Peacock is killed by Richard Hillman.
- 5 February 2003: Toyah Battersby departs Coronation Street for London in Spider Nugent's juice van after learning from flatmate Fiz Brown that Maria Sutherland had become pregnant by Toyah's boyfriend, university lecturer John.
- 12 March 2003: Killer Richard Hillman returns from hiding to abduct the Platt family and drive their minivan into a canal. Hillman dies in the incident.
- 5 October 2003: Coronation Street's first homosexual storyline is in motion when Todd Grimshaw attempts to kiss Nick Tilsley, the brother of Todd's fiancée, Sarah-Louise Platt.
- 20 October 2003: Cilla Battersby-Brown arrives in Weatherfield.
- 15 December 2003: Martin Platt crashes his car, and is pulled out by Tommy Harris just before the vehicle explodes in a fireball.
- Elsie Tanner and Bill Gregory die in a road accident in Portugal.
- Annie Walker dies of natural causes, aged 95.
- 9 February 2004: Tracy Barlow delivers a baby girl with Roy Cropper, who believes he is the child's biological father, in attendance during labour. It is only later that Tracy reveals the child's real father is Steve McDonald. Steve's wife Karen discovers that Amy was Steve's child later at their wedding a week later.
- 8 March 2004: Janice Battersby drops a lit cigarette in the Underworld storeroom, setting the place alight. She is rescued by Nick Tilsley.
- 24 May 2004: Sarah-Louise Platt finds out that Todd Grimshaw has been seeing Karl Foster behind her back; this leads to a massive brawl in the street between their mothers Gail Platt and Eileen Grimshaw.
- 1 June 2004: Sarah-Louise Platt and Todd Grimshaw son Billy Platt is born. But he later dies, due to being born premature.
- 24 November 2004: Dev Alahan's corner shops are blown up by his crazed ex-girlfriend, Maya Sharma. Dev and his wife Sunita are nearly killed in the Coronation Street shop alight, as her plan was to set the last shop on fire with them held hostage inside, so they would die. Luckily, they are rescued and Maya is sent to prison.
- 24 December 2004: Karen McDonald gets revenge on Tracy Barlow by driving away in her car that she won on a TV show called "Top of the Tree", unaware that Tracy's daughter Amy was in the back seat. She sets the car alight, tricking Tracy to think that Amy died in the fire. Although it turns out that Amy is alive and unharmed, leading to Karen's exit.
- 4 March 2005: Tommy Harris dies after being fatally hit over the head with a wrench by his 18-year-old diabetic daughter Katy, who later dies of a self-induced sugar overdose. Tommy's wife Angela is the chief suspect for his murder until she is found not guilty, but she is still imprisoned for pleading guilty to protect her daughter (she was a witness to the murder).
- 8 April 2005: Ken Barlow and Deirdre Rachid remarry.
- 10 April 2005: Ray Langton dies in The Rovers Return during Ken Barlow and Deirdre Rachid's wedding reception as a result of stomach cancer.
- 19 September 2005: Shelley Unwin jilts husband-to-be Charlie Stubbs at the altar.
- 24 October 2005: Danny Baldwin discovers that Mike Baldwin is not his uncle, but his father.
- 31 October 2005: Status Quo perform at Cilla Brown and Les Battersby's wedding reception and offer Candice Stowe a job as their hairdresser.
- February 2006: Emily Bishop meets her husband Ernest's killer and has trouble forgiving him, leading to a crisis of religious faith.
- 17 March 2006: Mike Baldwin is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
- 7 April 2006: Mike Baldwin dies in the arms of Ken Barlow after suffering a heart attack outside his factory, ending 30 years in Coronation Street.
- 31 May 2006: Ronnie Clayton kills an old-age pensioner in a hit-and-run accident and tries to frame her boyfriend Steve McDonald.
- 14 August 2006: Jason Grimshaw jilts Sarah-Louise Platt at the registry office, escaping through a toilet window and sending a text message that reads "Sorry. Can't do it. Luv J x".
- 15 September 2006: Claire Peacock is sectioned under the mental health act after pushing her son, Thomas Peacock, into the road while in his pram. He is unharmed, but Claire is diagnosed with severe post-natal depression.
- 9 October 2006: Fred Elliott dies from a heart attack on the day of his wedding to Bev Unwin, during a visit to Audrey Roberts. After telling Audrey he will marry Bev, he collapses and dies in Audrey's hallway on his way out. Audrey is subsequently vilified as a "scarlet woman".
- 20 October 2006: While on a family holiday in Paris, Rosie Webster plots to run away with boyfriend Craig Harris to start a new life together in Berlin. However, Rosie tells Craig she can't go through with the plan at the last minute, and Craig leaves for Berlin, alone.
- 27 November 2006: Cilla Battersby-Brown is diagnosed with skin cancer after she finds a mole on her body. Her husband Les, son Chesney and daughter Fiz initially think that she is having an affair (due to Cilla refusing to sleep with her husband). Although she is given the all-clear she pretends that it is terminal in a bid to get enough sympathy money for a trip to Florida, however, she eventually confesses everything to Les, Chesney, Fiz and Kirk Sutherland.
- 1 December 2006: Danny Baldwin leaves Weatherfield after his wife Frankie chooses to be with his son Jamie over him. Danny later privately plots to break up the pair, leading to Frankie's own departure from Weatherfield on New Year's Eve.
- 13 December 2006 - 1 January 2007: Violet Wilson finds she is pregnant with Jamie Baldwin's baby, but she loses the baby to an ectopic pregnancy, when she experiences bleeding, shoulder pains and collapses in agony. Violet has an emergency operation to remove both her affected fallopian tube and the baby and was told she had no chance/little chance of having children in the future, although later becomes pregnant by friend Sean Tully in late 2007.
- 12 January 2007: Tracy Barlow tries to murder cheating boyfriend Charlie Stubbs by hitting him twice over the head with a statue. She attempts to make the attack look like self-defense, but when Charlie later dies in hospital, she is arrested and refused bail.
- 26 February 2007: The street has to be evacuated when a suspected bomb is discovered in the Peacocks' back garden.
- 2 April 2007: After a nerve-wrecking trial, Tracy Barlow is shocked to be found guilty in court. She is sentenced to life in prison, with a minimum of 15 years before she is eligible for parole. This means that Tracy cannot be released until December 2010.
- 18 May 2007: Claire Peacock wakes to find her baby Freddie's bedroom in flames. She is overwhelmed and knocked unconscious landing at the bottom of the stairs, but is saved by local "zero to hero" Kirk Sutherland and Jamie Baldwin. Freddie, however, is missing. It is later revealed he was taken by Casey Carswell, a friend of Claire's whom she met when giving counselling. She later went on to have a brief affair with Ashley Peacock, that nearly brought about the end of the Peacocks' marriage.
- 4 June 2007: Paul Connor is killed in a car accident after kidnapping local escort Leanne Battersby and holding her hostage in his car boot. He skips a red light and ploughs into a lorry. Leanne suffers minor injuries and is released from hospital the next day.
- 17 September 2007: Bethany Platt is rushed to hospital after swallowing ecstasy tablets that uncle David has hidden in a doll. Bethany survives, but David is disowned and thrown out by the family.
- 12 October 2007: Cilla Battersby-Brown leaves Weatherfield for South Africa.
- 19 October 2007 Rosie Webster begins an affair with her teacher John Stape who is also going out with Fiz Brown at the time. The affair is later exposed on Christmas Day 2007 and results in Kevin's arrest for assault when he beats John up.
- 31 October 2007: Sarah-Louise Platt marries Jason Grimshaw. Sarah's brother David drives his car into a canal and is temporarily missing.
- 30 December 2007: Sarah and Bethany Platt leave for Italy, so that Sarah can work for her uncle Stephen Reid. Earlier she had planted drugs on David and when she confessed this to Jason at the station he walked out on her.
- 4 January 2008: Liam Connor and Maria Sutherland decided to go on a New Year's mini break to the Lake District. However, while they were there Liam fell down a ravine while trying to rescue Ozzy. Maria rushed off for help in the dark, and finally made it back to the hotel they were staying at. The mountain rescue team were called and set off to find the casualty. Liam is shown raising his head to look around before the end credits, although he becomes unconscious again shortly afterwards.
- 7 January 2008: Tina McIntyre makes her first appearance.
- 14 January 2008: Ryan Connor discovers from his biological father, Nick Neeson that he is his son, after thinking Michelle Connor was his mum since he was born. In shock after hearing this, he runs away from home, leaving a frantic Michelle scared stiff for her "son's" safety.
- 18 January 2008: After 34 years on the show Vera Duckworth dies of heart failure. Her husband Jack, Molly Compton and Tyrone Dobbs were at The Rovers when she died. But when Jack returns later, he finds Vera in her chair and, thinking she is asleep, he talks to her normally and asks her for a cup of tea. Without a response, Jack finds that she has died.
- 11 February 2008: Liam Connor and Maria Sutherland marry, after which Maria has a showdown with Carla Connor in the toilets at the reception and slaps her across the face before warning her to stay away from Liam.
- 22 February 2008: Violet Wilson gives birth to her son, Dylan in The Rovers with proud dad Sean Tully at her side and Marcus Dent, the sonographer, delivers him. Later on Violet is taken to Weatherfield General Hospital. At the hospital with herself and her new son Dylan, both Sean and her boyfriend Jamie Baldwin are there.
- 14 March 2008: David Platt pushes his mother Gail down the stairs after discovering that she took Tina McIntyre to have an abortion. The episode aired on Richard Hillman's five-year death anniversary.
- 30 April 2008: Maria Connor gives birth to her stillborn baby Paul Connor Jr.
- 28 May 2008: After chasing a gang led by Chesney's schoolmate Kenzie away from the cafe, Jerry Morton collapses from a heart attack and is rushed to hospital.
- 6 June 2008: Steve McDonald and Dan Mason feud in the Rovers Return, and Dan hit Steve by accident, so Steve hit Dan with a crate and threw his phone down the cellar, Steve shut the door, locking Dan in. Dan is found by Ryan Connor in the morning and is rushed to hospital.
- 3 September 2008: Mel Morton and her friend Abi Sharpe are attacked by a girl gang outside a bar. Abi is rushed to hospital after receiving a blow to the head with a glass bottle.
- 17 October 2008: Liam Connor is mowed down and killed outside a club by a driver hired by Tony Gordon whilst celebrating Tony's stag night.
- 20 October 2008: Rosie Webster is kidnapped by ex-lover John Stape and is held captive inside his home for five weeks.
- 3 December 2008: At Tony Gordon and Carla Connor's wedding reception, a drunk Sally Webster reveals Carla's affair with Liam to Maria Connor and plays Rosie Webster's mobile phone footage of Liam and Carla kissing as proof of her claims.
- 12 January 2009: Tyrone Dobbs and Molly Compton marry.
- 26 January 2009 : Sian Powers' first appearance on the Street, as a platonic girl friend of Sophie Webster.
- 6 February 2009: During a showdown at Underworld, Tony Gordon confesses to Carla Connor that he did indeed have Liam killed. Horrified, Carla makes a quick getaway, leaving Tony distraught.
- 9 March 2009: Ryan Connor asks Sian Powers out and she accepts. Ryan later tells her he is interested in her, and kisses her.
- 13 March 2009: On the day of Steve Macdonald and Becky Granger's first wedding, Becky gets so drunk that the registrar refuses to marry them.
- 30 March 2009: A huge fire breaks out at the Bookies flat after a drunk Peter Barlow drops his lit cigarette to the floor leaving him and his son Simon trapped inside. As the fire brigade arrive, Luke Strong and Tony Gordon break in and rescue Peter and Simon just as the flames explode through the windows.
- 27 April 2009: Paula Carp reveals to her daughter Julie Carp that her father is Colin Grimshaw, who had slept with her when she was 14 and he was 38.
- 8 May 2009: Ken Barlow confesses to wife Deirdre that he was having an affair with Martha Fraser.
- 1-3 July 2009: Maria Connor goes into labour and gives birth to her second son Liam Connor Jr. on Southport Beach. Tony Gordon is forced to play midwife and deliver the baby.
- 14 August 2009: Steve McDonald and Becky Granger are finally married at the second attempt but during the reception at The Rovers, the police raid the place searching for drugs and find them in Becky's bag (The police are unaware that they were actually planted there by Becky's ex Slug and her arch enemy DC Hooch). Becky is arrested and is forced to spend her wedding night in a police cell.
- 1 October 2009: John Stape and Fiz Brown get married.
- 19 October 2009: Luke Strong flees the country after fleecing Rosie Webster out of £90,000.
- 30 October 2009: Tony Gordon suffers a heart attack and is found by Roy Cropper who rushes him to hospital.
- 19 November 2009: After a showdown between Tony Gordon and Roy Cropper at Weatherfield Canal, Tony hands himself into the police and finally confesses to having Liam Connor murdered and trying to drown Roy.
- 21 December 2009: Sophie Webster commits to Christianity by baptism.
- 25 December 2009: Sally Webster tells husband Kevin that she has breast cancer.
- 31 December 2009: On New Year's Eve when Sian Powers is supposed to be with Sophie Webster at a concert; Sian loses her virginity when she sleeps with Ryan Connor. Then they are caught by Ryan's mother Michelle and Sophie.
- 8 January 2010: Gail Platt gets married for the fifth time, to Joe McIntyre.
- 8 February 2010: Joe McIntyre drowns at the Lake District after an attempt to fake his own death goes wrong.
- 12 March 2010: Simon Barlow disappears in Blackpool while on an outing with grandfather George Wilson and wife Eve. He later manages to find his own way home.
- 5 April 2010: Audrey Roberts slaps Rita Sullivan during an argument over Lewis Archer.
- 11 April 2010: Sian Powers' relationship with Ryan Connor hits a troubled patch when the couple have a big row and break up. An upset Sian goes to see Sophie Webster after an emotional conversation, Sophie kisses her best friend Sian. This is the first lesbian kiss in the soap's history, and leaves both girls very confused, and emotionally troubled.
- 12 April 2010: Sophie Webster travels to Southport to talk with Sian Powers. Sian coldly tells her that, due to that kiss, she is disgusted, shocked, and most confused, and they cannot be friends anymore.
- 23 April 2010: A confused Sian Powers returns to Weatherfield to confront Sophie Webster. Since their first kiss. she has developed an attraction for Sophie, and now deeply misses her. Both girls talk through their mixed up emotions, things become clear; then Sian kisses Sophie. They now decide to be together, going out, as a couple, but in secret.
- 10 May 2010: Blanche Hunt is laid to rest, after passing away in Portugal. Her funeral also marks the return of granddaughter Tracy Barlow.
- 9 June 2010: Fugitive Tony Gordon returns to the street and plans to hold Carla Connor, Hayley Cropper and Maria Connor hostage in Underworld. He enlists the help of his former cellmate Robbie who ties up and gags Carla in the factory, and lures Hayley by telling her Carla has had an accident. Maria stumbles into the kidnap by accident. Tony shoots Robbie and later releases Maria and Hayley, although keeps Carla hostage and sets the factory on fire. Carla manages to untie herself and escape at the last minute, but Tony decides to kill himself by standing at the heart of the explosion. The factory explodes, with the residents of Weatherfield watching in horror.
- 16 July 2010: Sophie Webster and Sian Powers plan to go to their school prom together. For two days, Sian had debilitating stomach pains. Sophie accuses Sian of faking an illness in order to avoid going to the prom. Sian later bumps into Ryan, he arranges to go on the bus to the prom with Sian; Sophie being a committee member had to go several hours earlier. Ryan needs to impress Sian, as he is keen to win her back as his girlfriend. He is horrified when Sian collapses screaming in pain due to a ruptured appendix, at the Rosamund Street bus stop. Sian is in agony and is rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, Sophie is waiting at the prom, for Sian. Kevin Webster arrives and tells Sophie that Sian is in hospital. A very upset and anxious Sophie has to see Sian, soonest. Sophie and her dad are told that Sian has had an operation, and everything will be fine, and she can see visitors. Sophie tells her dad she wants to be on her own with Sian. Sophie talks to a drowsy Sian, and she drifts to sleep. Sophie then checks that no one is looking, she leans towards Sian and whispers, "I love you", then tenderly she kisses Sian on the lips. This is Sophie's first declaration of her love, for Sian.
- 30 July 2010: Colin Fishwick dies suddenly during a heated argument with John Stape and Charlotte Hoyle. They dispose of his body in Underworld.
- 30 August 2010: On Roy and Hayley Cropper's wedding day, Claire Peacock reveals that Sophie Webster and Sian Powers are in a lesbian relationship.
- 2 September 2010: Sophie Webster tells Kevin and Rosie Webster she is in love with Sian Powers. Sophie and Sian are scared their parents will prevent them from seeing each other. They decide to run away to Sheffield, and live together. Eventually, they both return to Weatherfield.
- 8 November 2010: Jack Duckworth dies of Non-Hodgkins lymphoma sitting in the armchair that his beloved wife Vera died in. Bill Tarmey ends 31 years in the soap.
- 6 December 2010: An explosion in 'The Joinery' bar destroys the viaduct bridge causing a tram to derail and destroy The Kabin and Dev's Corner Shop, killing Molly Dobbs and Ashley Peacock. This also causes a fire at Number 13. Meanwhile, John Stape has murdered stalker Charlotte Hoyle, and hides her body amongst the rubble. Fiz Stape gives birth to her first baby, Hope, and an injured Peter Barlow marries Leanne Battersby in hospital while Carla watches.
- 10 December 2010: After being told that Charlotte Hoyle had severe brain damage, John Stape decided to turn off her life-support machine. Meanwhile, Norris Cole and Emily Bishop found out that Rita Sullivan was in The Kabin the whole time. Fortunately, she gets out alive.
- 17 December 2010: At Molly Dobbs' funeral, Tyrone discovers her affair with friend and colleague Kevin Webster, and that he is the father of Molly's baby, Jack. Kevin is thrown out of the Webster household as a result.
- 31 December 2010: A murder attempt is made on Tracy Barlow, and Steve McDonald is thought to be the suspect. Kevin Webster leaves Weatherfield, not disclosing where he is going, much to the dismay of his daughter Sophie, though returns a week later. Later, Sophie and Sian Powers sleep together for the first time, at the Websters' home, as Sophie surrenders her virginity to Sian, in a night of passion.
- 3 January 2011: Sally Webster catches Sophie Webster and Sian Powers in bed together, hugging and kissing. This, after Sian had been trying on a new long red dress she had just purchased. Sally is shocked that they are having sex together. Sophie tells Sally that Sian is the only good thing she has, and they are both in love with each other. Sally tells Sophie to get out the house. Both girls go to Eileen Grimshaw's house and disclose Sally had caught them "doing it", and in bed together. Both girls stay for a few days.
- 14 January 2011: Claire Peacock flees Coronation Street with her two children, Joshua and Freddie, after confessing to Becky McDonald that she attacked Tracy Barlow on New Year's Eve.
- 11 February 2011: Sian Powers leaves Weatherfield to go on holiday to Tangiers, with her mother, and her mum's boyfriend. Sophie Webster is very upset, and cries as Sian leaves Weatherfield, on the bus. Later that evening, Sophie finds a valentines card in the pocket of her jacket; she opens the card, and inside is written - "Like I'd forget Love You XXX". Sian had hid the card in Sophie's pocket.
- 3 March 2011: Carla Connor sends Maria Connor to Frank Foster's house for a business meeting, although this ends with Frank attempting to rape Maria. The episode ends with Maria leaving in a taxi crying.
- 11 March 2011: Sophie Webster falls from a church roof, landing on top of a car after a heated argument with Sian Powers. The pair later reconcile at the hospital, where Sophie is in a critical condition. Sophie's parents blame Sian for the accident, but later realise she was not to blame. After her mother Sally argues with her father Kevin upon learning he knew Sophie was drunk before she fell from the church roof, but failed to act, Sian shouts at the pair. At first, they are disgusted Sian, who is a Christian like Sophie, would dare to speak to adults like that, but finally realise she is right and see sense. Sophie recovers and Sian is invited to move back into the Webster home.
- 25 March 2011: Janice Battersby leaves after 14 years with new boyfriend Trevor Dean to go travelling around the world.
- 8 April 2011: David Platt marries Kylie Platt (née Turner)
- 14–15 April 2011: Jim McDonald leaves Weatherfield after he robs a bank to try to buy The Rovers from his son Steve. Liz McDonald leaves shortly after to live with Andy in Spain.
- 24 April 2011: Jamie Baldwin and Violet Wilson returned for one episode in London when Sean Tully goes to see his son, Dylan. Also, Todd Grimshaw returns to visit Eileen and Jason for Easter and they meet Todd's new boyfriend. Later, after a short confrontation with Sarah's mother, Gail McIntyre, he promises to keep in touch with her more by telephone and they hug.
- 12 May 2011: Dennis Tanner returns to the Street, after 43 years, after meeting Sophie Webster and Sian Powers volunteering at a soup kitchen. Some time later, after walking on the Street he spots "Dennis Tanner 1951" that he had carved into the window sill of No.11 many years before. A woman approaches him and he looks up to see Rita Sullivan, who was most surprised to see Dennis, after so many years. They immediately struck up a friendship, talking about old times in the street.
- 3 June 2011: John Stape's past comes back to haunt him when Chesney Brown started to ask questions about Charlotte Hoyle's death. Charlotte's mother, Dorothy, finds his drivers license and works his true identity, then John ties up Chesney and her. He goes to the factory and helps dig out Colin Fishwick, but Fiz catches him red handed. He then kidnaps his and Fiz's daughter, Hope, but when Fiz gives chase, she is run over by Owen Armstrong's van. When confessing to killing Charlotte, John hands Hope back to Fiz. Upon doing this, he stepped backwards off the roof to kill himself. Later, the audience is informed by the detective John's body has disappeared.
- 13 June 2011: Kylie Platt and Tina McIntyre brawl in The Rovers over Tina's lovelife and Kylie's insults.
- 16 June 2011: Stella Price buys The Rovers from Steve McDonald. She is later joined by her boyfriend Karl Munro and her daughter Eva.
- 1 July 2011: At her 30th birthday party, Leanne Barlow discovers her biological mother is Stella Price and storms out, as Stella had abandoned her as a baby.
- 15 July 2011: Leanne Barlow falls down the stairs when chasing after her husband Peter Barlow following an argument. Leanne is later told that she has miscarried her baby, and that she may never be able to have biological children.
- 4 September 2011: After celebrating their engagement at Nick's Bistro, Carla Connor gets drunk and runs over Stella Price, before crashing into the bookies. Carla's fiancé Frank Foster was in the passenger seat at the time, but switches places with Carla, making the police think it was him. Stella is rushed to hospital and survives the accident and Frank is not arrested or charged.
- 7 September 2011: Kirsty Soames first appears as a new love interest for Tyrone Dobbs.
- 19 September 2011: It is the night before Carla Connor and Frank Foster's wedding. Carla calls off the wedding because she is in love with Peter Barlow. This leads to Frank raping Carla in her flat.
- 24 October 2011: Sian Powers returns to Weatherfield early from a holiday in France with her mother. Sophie Webster is surprised to see Sian; and is feeling guilty for kissing Amber Kalirai on a girls night out the previous evening. Sophie tells Sian that, she loves her, wants to be with her forever, as life without her is worthless, and that she wants to marry Sian. Sian is overjoyed by this proposal of a civil partnership with Sophie.
- 28 October 2011: After returning to Weatherfield and kidnapping Rosie Webster, John Stape is involved in a car accident. On his deathbed, he confesses the murders of Charlotte Hoyle and Joy Fishwick, to his wife Fiz and the police.
- 2 December 2011: Sophie Webster and Sian Powers attempt to elope to Gretna Green when they are unable to receive consent from Sally and Kevin Webster to get married in Weatherfield. They are stopped by Sally and Rosie Webster at the coach station, and Sally agrees to let them marry in Weatherfield.
- 19 December 2011: Tracy Barlow falls down the stairs after an argument with Becky McDonald. She later claims that Becky pushed her and she miscarried her twins.
- 24 December 2011: Seventeen-year-old Katy Armstrong goes into labour while at the annual nativity play. The baby's father, Chesney Brown, is on duty when he gets the news and manages to get to the hall, just before she is about to give birth. She gives birth to a baby boy, whom she names Joseph. The baby was delivered by Anna Windass and Chesney's sister Fiz Stape.
- 25 December 2011: Steve McDonald proposes to his girlfriend Tracy Barlow and asks her to move in with him, with their daughter, Amy. When Steve's ex-wife, Becky finds out about the engagement, she returns to her flat and tries to commit suicide by lighting her flat on fire. She is rescued soon after and survives the fire.
- 30 December 2011: Sian Powers and Sophie Webster get married.
- 23 January 2012: Steve McDonald marries Tracy Barlow. At their wedding reception, Steve is just about to say his speech, when his ex-wife Becky, hands him an envelope, which contains Tracy's medical records. It is revealed that Tracy miscarried with her twins, the day before she fell down the stairs and blamed Becky for the miscarriage. Steve is disgusted that Tracy framed Becky as a "murderer" and leaves The Rovers. Becky goes to the airport, with Steve following her. Becky tells him she can't stay in Weatherfield and departs for Barbados, with new boyfriend Danny Stratton and his son, Billy. Steve returns to Weatherfield, heartbroken, while Becky travels first class with Danny. When he asks does she have any regrets, she informs him: "Regret's are for people on the ground. We're heading for the stars".
- 10 February 2012: Rosie Webster leaves Weatherfield to participate in a reality television show, ending her relationship with Jason Grimshaw in the process.
- 5 March 2012: Frank Foster takes charge of the Underworld and vows to fire all the employees, turn it into a warehouse and drive into the sunset with lover Jenny Sumner. He has now become an enemy to many of the residents. Someone has had enough and Sean Tully and Julie Carp discover Frank's lifeless body on the floor of Underworld. Sally Webster is found standing over his body but claims she wasn't capable of murder. She is just one of six suspects as the others are: Carla Connor, Frank's ex-fiancée and business partner; Peter Barlow, Carla's lover; Michelle Connor, Carla's best friend and employee of Frank's; Kevin Webster, Sally's ex-husband; and Anne Foster, Frank's mother.
- 19 March 2012: After Frank Foster's funeral, Sally Webster goes over to Anne Foster's to make sure she's okay and she then learns Anne murdered Frank. Sally tries to run out tripping over the carpet in the hall, hitting her head on the banister and leaving her unconscious. Anne decides not to phone an ambulance and instead packs her bags to flee the country. Carla Connor then goes over to Anne's to find out if Anne knew Frank raped Carla. Anne then admits to Carla that she overheard Frank taunting Carla in the factory the night he was murdered about how he raped her and got away with it and he might try again, she then went on to admit to Carla that she murdered Frank. Carla finds Sally upstairs and goes to phone an ambulance. Anne then threatens Carla with a knife and says she will kill her too if she phones the police. Kevin Webster then goes to Anne's as he was getting worried about Sally, he looks through a glass panel in the door and sees Anne threatening Carla with the knife and goes in the backdoor to save her. He then phones an ambulance for Sally and Anne hands herself in to the police.
- 16 April 2012: Street veteran; Betty Williams dies peacefully in her sleep. Terry Duckworth also returns to the Street and intends to build a strip club, he attacks his son Tommy before realising his true identity.
- 4 June 2012: Rita Sullivan is kidnapped by loan shark, Rick Neelan, on her wedding day to Dennis Tanner as Rita's friend, Tina McIntyre's, boyfriend Tommy Duckworth owes money to Rick. Tina and Kirsty Soames later sort Rick out for good.
- 16 July 2012: Peter Barlow and Carla Connor leave Weatherfield after realising that Peter needs a break from the Street, his ex-wife Leanne and son Simon.
- 23 July 2012: Karl Munro and Sunita Alahan's affair is uncovered by Stella Price, Eva Price and Leanne Barlow. Stella then slaps Sunita for sleeping with her partner behind her back.
- 5 September 2012: Gloria Price arrives in Weatherfield. She is the mother of The Rovers landlady, Stella Price.
- 9 September 2012: Kirsty Soames goes into labour after months of feuding results in Tina McIntyre pushing her over in The Rovers Return. She later gives birth to daughter Ruby Soames in the back room, aided by Marcus Dent and Gloria Price.
- 21 November 2012: Kirsty Soames switches the sewing machine on at Underworld while Fiz Stape is fixing and she gets her hand caught in it. She later threatens for her to leave her fiancé, Tyrone Dobbs alone.
- 30 November 2012: Sick of Kirsty Soames' scheming, Fiz Stape attacks her in Underworld, leading to a fight. The fight is broken up by Rob Donovan and Tommy Duckworth.
- 12 December 2012: Leanne Barlow and Carla Connor share an almighty catfight outside Underworld, with Rob Donovan and Steve McDonald having to stop them.
- 25 December 2012: Nick Tilsley discovers that fiancée Leanne Barlow visited ex-husband Peter on the morning of their wedding, leaves her at the altar and later that evening sleeps with his sister-in-law, Kylie Platt.
- 31 December 2012: Fiz Stape collapses of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- 10 January 2013: Nick Tilsley and Leanne Barlow finally remarry after temporarily splitting over Christmas, but Nick's sister-in-law Kylie whom he slept with on Christmas Day discovers she is pregnant.
- 23 January 2013: Kirsty Soames falls down the stairs after trying to hit Tyrone Dobbs after their failed wedding, when Kirsty exposes Tyrone's affair with Fiz. In hospital, Kirsty lies to the police that Tyrone has been physically abusing her, leading to Tyrone's arrest.
- 13 March 2013: Karl Munro blows up Jason Grimshaw's van after kidnapping Stella Price to get revenge on Jason because he moved into The Rovers with Stella. Paul Kershaw proposes to Eileen Grimshaw.
- 18 March 2013: Karl Munro sets fire to The Rovers after escaping the Full Monty concert organised by the fire service. Stella Price is saved by Karl, but falls unconscious shortly afterwards, but recovers soon after in hospital. Karl is rescued by firefighter Toni Griffiths, who dies when the roof collapses. Sunita Alahan is also left unconscious, but in a worse state.
- 29 March 2013: Kirsty Soames pleads guilty at Tyrone Dobbs' trial after slapping Julie Carp, because she doesn't think their daughter Ruby would be safe with her and so Tyrone would get custody of Ruby.
- 3 April 2013: Sunita Alahan dies in hospital after Karl Munro removes her oxygen tube because she was recovering and Karl didn't want her to tell anyone that he started the fire at The Rovers. Kirsty Soames is imprisoned for abusing Tyrone Dobbs.
- 11 May 2013: David Platt collapses and suffers a seizure due to his epilepsy.
- 26 May 2013: The Rovers Return re-opens.
- 27 May 2013: Tina McIntyre goes into labour and gives birth to Gary Windass and Izzy Armstrong's baby, Jake.
- 7 June 2013: Tina McIntyre decides to keep Gary Windass and Izzy Armstrong's baby. This causes tension in the Armstrong family.
- 21 June 2013: Anna Windass slaps Tina McIntyre in The Rovers over her decision to keep her son Gary and Izzy Armstrong's baby.
- 22 July 2013: Hayley Cropper is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
- 5 August 2013: David Platt and Nick Tilsley are involved in a car crash after Nick finds out that David knows about him sleeping with his wife Kylie and is about to go home and tell his wife, Leanne, but David is worried that it will ruin his relationship with Kylie, so he unfastens Nick's seatbelt and causes the car to swerve and collide with a lorry. David is unharmed, but Nick is rushed to hospital in a coma.
- 12 August 2013: Tina McIntyre throws a glass of wine in Tracy Barlow's face after she makes snide remarks about her surrogacy battle. She then flees to the Red Rec, followed by Rita Sullivan. While searching for Tina, Rita is violently mugged by a gang of youths.
- 26 August 2013: Kylie Platt gives birth to her daughter Lily. Sally Webster and Anna Windass share a catfight at their rival barbecues.
- 2 September 2013: Doctors reveal to Roy and Hayley Cropper that her cancer is terminal, leaving the couple devastated.
- 13 September 2013: Karl Munro is arrested after he confesses to murdering Sunita Alahan and setting fire to The Rovers on his wedding day to Stella Price.
- 9 October 2013: David Platt sends off for a DNA test to prove whether Lily Platt is his or Nick Tilsley's daughter, without his wife Kylie knowing.
- 13 October 2013: Lily Platt's father is revealed to be David Platt after the DNA results come back. Nick becomes aware of this and after an argument, is threatened by David. Kylie Platt still believes that David is having an affair with Tina McIntyre.
- 14 October 2013: Liz McDonald returns to the street. After sharing a catfight in The Rovers, Kylie Platt demands answers from Tina McIntyre. Nick Tilsley finally arrives home from hospital.
- 16 October 2013: On the day of Lily Platt's christening, all the secrets are revealed: Kylie Platt sleeping with Nick Tilsley; David Platt's hate campaign and who caused the crash.
- 4 November 2013: Todd Grimshaw returns to Coronation Street.
- 4 December 2013: Carla Connor marries Peter Barlow who kisses Tina McIntyre later that night, after weeks of flirting and close calls.
- 25 December 2013: Nick Tilsley slaps his wife Leanne at the Platt/Tilsley/Price Christmas meal in The Bistro. Kylie Platt is arrested after fighting with Tina McIntyre yet again. Hayley Cropper enjoys her hectic last Christmas.
- 30 December 2013: Peter Barlow and Tina McIntyre have sex while his wife Carla Connor is visiting dying Hayley Cropper.
- 20 January 2014: Hayley Cropper dies after drinking a lethal cocktail with husband Roy by her side.
- 31 January 2014: Hayley Cropper's funeral takes place in Weatherfield. Maddie Heath kisses Sophie Webster whilst trying to avoid her help.
- 14 February 2014: Peter Barlow and Tina McIntyre sleep together again while his wife Carla Connor is away in Paris. He hands Tina the keys to his flat so they can spend more time together.
- 21 February 2014: Gloria Price and Dennis Tanner leave Weatherfield together, despite Dennis being married to Rita Sullivan. They harshly bid farewell to Rita before leaving.
- 26 February 2014: Gary Windass hits Pat Phelan with a plank of wood on site at the construction build. Phelan remains unconscious and Owen Armstrong is called.
- 17 March 2014: Marcus Dent is caught cheating on Maria Connor with Todd Grimshaw.
- 21 March 2014: Kevin Webster returns to Weatherfield after a 13-month absence looking after his ill father. This storyline was devised to explain actor Michael Le Vell's temporary departure from the soap as he fought charges of sexual offences, which he was later cleared of.
- 24 March 2014: Michael Rodwell appears for the first time burgling Gail Platt's house.
- 2 April 2014: Stella Price leaves the street for New York after deciding that there is nothing left for her in Weatherfield.
- 11 April 2014: Pat Phelan forces Anna Windass to sleep with him - agreeing to release her boyfriend Owen Armstrong and son Gary Windass from their contracts.
- 18 April 2014: Dennis Tanner returns to Weatherfield after sleeping on the streets again and being beaten up.
- 9 May 2014: Izzy Armstrong steals some of the money from the late Hayley Cropper's cancer charity fund. Peter Barlow returns from two weeks in rehab.
- 26 May 2014: Rita Sullivan slaps Tina McIntyre when she insults the number of times she has got married.
- 27 May 2014: Tina McIntyre is pushed off a balcony by Rob Donovan after threatening to tell the police about his dodgy dealings with Tony Stewart. She survives the fall, but Rob beats her with a metal pipe when she refuses to keep quiet.
- 2 June 2014: Tina McIntyre dies in hospital as she succumbs to her injuries caused by Rob Donovan.
- 4 June 2014: Carla Connor miscarries her baby from the stress of finding out that her husband Peter Barlow was having an affair and being accused of murdering Peter's mistress, Tina McIntyre.
- 23 June 2014: Tina McIntyre's funeral is held, although Peter Barlow and Rob Donovan brawl over her death.
- 25 June 2014: Gary Windass goes out clubbing and kisses newcomer Alya Nazir behind his girlfriend Izzy Armstrong's back.
- 14 July 2014: Peter Barlow is arrested and charged with the murder of Tina McIntyre. Marcus Dent leaves Weatherfield when his relationship with Todd Grimshaw turns sour.
- 30 July 2014: Dennis Tanner leaves Weatherfield for the last time after punching Norris Cole in the face.
- 4 August 2014: Ken Barlow returns to Weatherfield after a 15-month absence taking care of his son abroad. As with Le Vell, this storyline was conceived after William Roache temporary left the soap to fight charges of sexual offences, which he was cleared of.
- 8 August 2014: Peter Barlow bumps into Jim McDonald whilst in prison.
- 13 August 2014: Michael Rodwell accidentally runs over Gail Platt in his ice cream van. Jenna Kamara leaves Weatherfield to explore voluntary work.
- 25 August 2014: Tyrone Dobbs falls through the loft conversion that Jason Grimshaw is working on in his house. Tyrone is rushed to hospital with a broken wrist and broken ribs.
- 29 August 2014: Peter Barlow is rushed to hospital with alcohol poisoning after drinking Jim McDonald's secret stash of booze in prison.
- 26 September 2014: Andrea Beckett hangs from the roof of The Rovers Return as she attempts to retrieve her unhinged ex-husband, Neil Beckett. She is saved by the fire brigade, and Neil finally agrees to go through with the divorce proceedings.
- 20 October 2014: Peter Barlow is found guilty for Tina McIntyre's murder and sentenced to life imprisonment, with a minimum term of 15 years.
- 22 October 2014: Cilla Battersby-Brown returns to Weatherfield and reveals to Sinead Tinker that she has severe osteoporosis.
- 27 October 2014: Carla Connor discovers that her brother, Rob Donovan, murdered Tina McIntyre.
- 31 October 2014: Rob Donovan is revealed as Tina McIntyre's murderer at his wedding to Tracy Barlow. Rob's sister, Carla Connor, and Tracy come to blows over recent events.
- 5 November 2014: Rob Donovan leaves Weatherfield after finally being arrested for killing Tina McIntyre.
- 7 November 2014: Todd Grimshaw is violently attacked by a gang of thugs. He is rushed to hospital, where he is told he will most likely have permanent scarring on his face.
- 12 November 2014: Cilla Battersby-Brown falls down the stairs and is rushed to hospital. She is told that she has severely fractured one of the ligaments in her spine.
- 14 November 2014: After being released from prison, Peter Barlow decides to leave Weatherfield to start afresh in Portsmouth.
- 25 December 2014: Kylie Platt leaves Weatherfield after her husband; David discovers she has been buying drugs from Callum Logan.
- 9 January 2015: Beth Tinker and Kirk Sutherland get married.
- 19 January 2015: A minibus crash occurs when the Underworld staff are being transported to an awards' ceremony. When everybody is out of the wreckage, the vehicle falls off a cliff. The accident left Sinead Tinker with severe spinal injuries, Carla Connor with a broken leg and the other factory workers with many cuts and bruises.
- 9 February 2015: Izzy and Katy Armstrong's estranged mother, Linda Hancock, arrives in Weatherfield after being absent from their lives for 18 years.
- 13 February 2015: Faye Windass discovers that she is pregnant at 12 years of age.
- 18 February 2015: Jenny Bradley returns to Weatherfield after 21 years when she begins dating Kevin Webster.
- 2 March 2015: Gavin Rodwell arrives in Weatherfield, panicking Andy Carver and Steph Britton.
- 9 March 2015: Gavin Rodwell reveals to Gail McIntyre that he is the real "Gavin Rodwell", and not Andy Carver. The revelation leads to Gail being extremely late for her wedding to Michael Rodwell, and they therefore do not get married.
- 13 March 2015: Gavin Rodwell dies in a car accident, meaning that Andy Carver must pretend to be "Gavin Rodwell" for the rest of his life.
- 20 March 2015: A 14-year-old Bethany Platt returns to Weatherfield and stirs trouble between Andy Carver and Steph Britton before revealing that she wishes to remain on the street permanently. Katy Armstrong leaves Weatherfield with her son, Joseph, for Portugal to live with her mother, Linda Hancock.
- 30 March 2015: Sarah Platt returns to Weatherfield to retrieve her troublesome daughter Bethany.
- 3 April 2015: Faye Windass goes into labour and her baby, Miley, is delivered by Anna Windass, Sophie Webster, Owen Armstrong, Sally Webster, Tim Metcalfe and Craig Tinker.
- 24 April 2015: Gail McIntyre and Michael Rodwell get married, Gail's sixth time down the aisle.
- 27 April 2015: Jenny Bradley slaps Maria Connor after she refuses to believe Jenny when she tells her that Liam Connor Jr. hit Jack Webster.
- 13 May 2015: Liz McDonald is attacked in The Rovers by two thugs, unaware that the attack has been organised by her partner, Tony Stewart.
- 26 May 2015: Steve McDonald and Michelle Connor are married.
- 27 May 2015: Tracy Barlow unintentionally sets fire to the Victoria Court flats, trapping Carla Connor and her own daughter Amy Barlow. Leanne Battersby and Kal Nazir bravely enter the burning building and save Carla, before re-entering to save Amy. However, the ceiling collapses and they all become trapped. Amy and Leanne escape through the window, seconds before the building explodes, killing Kal. After uncovering Jenny Bradley's plans to run away with Kevin Webster's son Jack, Maddie Heath rushes to reveal all to Kevin however, there is a second explosion at the building yard and Maddie is sent flying across the street.
- 29 May 2015: Kylie Platt returns to Weatherfield after a five-month absence from the Platts.
- 1 June 2015: Michael Rodwell finally discovers that Andy Carver is not his son after he is delivered a photo album in the post. He is furious and blames his wife Gail Rodwell for the situation. Maddie Heath dies in hospital from her injuries sustained in the building yard explosion in the aftermath of the Victoria Court fire.
- 8 June 2015: Simon Barlow viciously attacks stepmother Leanne Battersby by throwing a television remote control at her, leaving her with a bruised face as he struggles to cope with Leanne's fiancé Kal Nazir's death.
- 12 June 2015: Jenny Bradley goes ahead with her plan to snatch Jack Webster and they both arrive at an apartment complex in Hull. They are soon tracked down by Kevin Webster and Rita Tanner and following a confrontation on the balcony, Jenny hands back Jack and is promptly arrested for child abduction.
- 17 June 2015: Sharif Nazir suffers an asthma attack while working at the gym.
- 26 June 2015: Erica Holroyd miscarries her baby after experiencing stomach pains during a pub quiz.
- 29 June 2015: Gail Rodwell and Eileen Grimshaw have a public catfight in the street over Eileen's kiss with Gail's husband, Michael.
- 8 July 2015: Street veteran Deirdre Barlow dies off-screen from a sudden brain aneurysm. Bev Unwin returns to Weatherfield to break the news to her husband Ken and her daughter Tracy.
- 13 July 2015: Deirdre Barlow is laid to rest at her funeral, attended by many of the residents. Peter Barlow later makes a brief return to Weatherfield after the funeral. Her funeral also marked the return of her daughter, Tracy's ex-husband, Robert Preston.
- 20 July 2015: Dan Jones holds Leanne Battersby, Simon Barlow and Liz McDonald hostage in Leanne's flat after Leanne and Liz exposed his past of beating up prostitutes to the entire pub.
- 24 July 2015: Robert Preston's secret wife, Joni, slaps Tracy Barlow after witnessing her kissing Robert in the couple's restaurant.
- 29 July 2015: Cathy Matthews is in danger as the towers of clutter in her house fall on her, trapping her and knocking her temporarily unconscious. She shouts for help, and eventually Roy Cropper helps her by breaking down the door and removing the clutter from her, saving her.
- 10 August 2015: Simon Barlow violently kicks his stepmother Leanne Battersby, causing her to bleed badly.
- 19 August 2015: Callum Logan launches a vicious attack on Jason Grimshaw as he attempts to protect Sarah and Bethany Platt from the evil thug.
- 28 August 2015: Tony Stewart beats up Callum Logan after discovering that he was the culprit who attacked his son Jason Grimshaw, leaving Callum frightened and scared.
- 7 September 2015: Tracy Barlow reveals to Carla Connor that she was the person who started the fire at the Victoria Court flats after Carla prepares to throw herself off a cliff as she cannot cope with her guilt. A clifftop fight then breaks out between the two women, and Carla phoning the police.
- 11 September 2015: Estranged from Lloyd Mullaney, Andrea Beckett finds out that she is pregnant with his child.
- 23 September 2015: Callum Logan is killed by Kylie Platt as he attacks Sarah Platt during the live episode celebrating ITV's 60th anniversary. Lloyd Mullaney and Andrea Beckett depart Weatherfield.
- 30 September 2015: Tyrone Dobbs and Fiz Stape are told that Fiz's daughter, Hope, has a childhood cancer called neuroblastoma.
- 5 October 2015: Tim Metcalfe and Sally Webster are married. Tim almost jilts Sally due to her kiss with Kevin Webster, but is convinced by Kevin and Craig Tinker. Johnny and Kate Connor tell Carla Connor that the money Aidan Connor invested in Underworld was actually Johnny's.
- 2 December 2015: Sarah Platt is knocked down by Tim Metcalfe's van during an argument with her brother, David. After regaining consciousness in hospital, she is told she is four months pregnant with Callum Logan's baby.
- 7 December 2015: Rob Donovan begins blackmailing Johnny Connor for money, threatening to reveal that he is actually Carla Connor's biological father if he does not comply.
- 25 December 2015: Tyrone Dobbs organises for the street to be transformed into Lapland for his seriously ill stepdaughter, Hope, where he also proposes to Fiz Stape. Robert Preston also proposes to Tracy Barlow in The Rovers, but confronts her publicly about her meetings with Rob Donovan.
- 31 December 2015: After learning that Johnny Connor is her father, Carla Connor angrily slaps him before ordering him to leave Weatherfield. Kevin Webster and Anna Windass kiss passionately, as do Aidan Connor and Eva Price. Emily Bishop decides to pursue voluntary work in Peru.
- 1 January 2016: Carla Connor and Robert Preston sleep together after bumping into one another at a casino. Emily Bishop leaves Weatherfield for Peru.
- 8 January 2016: After discovering that her sister Nessa Warner had been having an affair with her late husband Alan, Cathy Matthews decides to burn all of their love letters. However, the fire spreads rapidly, and Cathy finds herself trapped in the building. Roy Cropper comes to her rescue and saves her life, so Cathy moves in with Roy.
- 18 January 2016: Carla Connor is brutally attacked in the bistro by Jamie Bowman and his friend, Lee. Unbeknown to Carla, but Tracy Barlow is witnessing the attack. When the thugs take her handbag, Carla gives chase and is subsequently dragged down the street by their speeding van, landing her in a critical condition. Pat Phelan returns to Weatherfield.
- 21 March 2016: Sarah Platt gives birth to her and deceased Callum Logan's baby son Harry via caesarean section after going into labour in Tracy Barlow's flower shop.
- 25 April 2016: The Grimshaws are informed that Jason Grimshaw's father, Tony Stewart, has died from a suspected heart attack.
- 25 May 2016: Carla Connor and Nick Tilsley get married; however, Tracy Barlow exposes Carla's one-night stand with Robert Preston, leading to Nick's mother, Gail Rodwell, slapping Carla. Later, Carla sees Tracy in the road, so attempts to run her over, but swerves and instead runs over Cathy Matthews. This also causes Tyrone Dobbs and his fiancée Fiz Stape to crash into the Platts' house, leading to the discovery of Callum Logan's corpse buried underneath Gail's annexe.
- 26 May 2016: Carla Connor leaves Weatherfield for good after realising that there is nothing left for her when Nick Tilsley dumps her.
- 23 June 2016: Sarah Platt is sectioned to a psychiatric unit after suffering a mental breakdown in which she locks and barricades her own family outside the house, believing the deceased Callum Logan is coming after her.
- 29 June 2016: Jason Grimshaw leaves Weatherfield to begin afresh in Thailand.
- 15 July 2016: Kylie Platt is stabbed in the chest by Clayton Hibbs during a scuffle outside the kebab shop while defending Gemma Winter and later dies in her husband, David Platt's, arms.
- 1 August 2016: Kylie Platt's funeral takes place in Weatherfield.
- 19 October 2016: Ken Barlow is hospitalised after suffering a stroke during an argument with his newly returned son, Peter Barlow.
- 21 October 2016: David Platt crashes his car into Gary Windass and his own daughter, Lily, in his quest to kill his wife Kylie's murderer, Clayton Hibbs. After everybody is rescued, the car explodes, with Gary's mother Anna Windass being set on fire due to David's car being full of petrol.
- 18 November 2016: Michael Rodwell dies from a heart attack whilst trying to confront Pat Phelan and foil his scam on Weatherfield residents.
- 5 December 2016: On Roy Cropper and Cathy Matthews' wedding day, Cathy realises that Roy does not actually want to marry her and is still in love with his deceased wife, Hayley. They agree to continue as friends, breaking Cathy's heart.
- 12 December 2016: Andy Carver brutally attacks Pat Phelan by striking him over the head with a brick after suspecting that he was involved with Michael Rodwell's death.
- 25 December 2016: Toyah Battersby unexpectedly returns to the street, having split with her husband. Nick Tilsley and Peter Barlow brawl in the street, as Nick believes that he is having an affair with his girlfriend, and Peter's ex-wife, Leanne Battersby. It is later revealed that it is actually Toyah who Peter is having an affair with. Elsewhere, Bethany Platt overdoses on diet pills and collapses.
- 31 December 2016: A powercut in Weatherfield leads to a fragile Anna Windass falling down the stairs while looking after her partner Kevin Webster's son, Jack.
- 11 January 2017: After being taken to hospital for stomach pains, a pregnant Michelle Connor goes into labour after a 23-week pregnancy, and subsequently her baby, Ruairi, dies before he is born, devastating Michelle and her husband Steve McDonald.
- 16 January 2017: Andy Carver sets fire to Kevin Webster's garage on orders from Pat Phelan, who is blackmailing Andy after he attacked him.
- 20 January 2017: Pat Phelan murders Andy Carver by bludgeoning him with the laptop containing evidence that he was present at the death of Michael Rodwell. He then goes to the registry office and marries Eileen Grimshaw.
- 23 January 2017: Michelle Connor contemplates suicide as she sits on a bridge the day before her stillborn baby, Ruairi's, funeral. She is talked down by Robert Preston, who she attempts to kiss, but he contacts her husband Steve McDonald to take care of her.
- 6 February 2017: Rosie and Sophie Webster return to Weatherfield from Miami, unaware that Rosie has unknowingly smuggled white powder into the country, which they are both arrested for by the police.
- 20 February 2017: Leanne Battersby gives birth to her baby son Oliver in the elevator at Victoria Court after it breaks down. Oliver is delivered by Leanne's stepsister, Toyah Battersby.
- 24 February 2017: Steve McDonald reveals to everybody in the Bistro that he is the father of Leanne Battersby's baby, Oliver, devastating his wife Michelle Connor, who punches Leanne across the face.
- 27 March 2017: Ken Barlow is pushed down the stairs by an unknown assailant. His attacker could be one of six suspects: Adam Barlow, Peter Barlow, Tracy Barlow, Daniel Osbourne, Pat Phelan and Sinead Tinker.
- 10 April 2017: Sally Metcalfe is delivered an animal heart after being stalked and terrorized by an internet troll. She is founed cowering in the corner of Underworld by Tim Metcalfe and Sophie Webster.
- 17 April 2017: Shona Ramsey is revealed as Clayton Hibbs' mother, the youth who murdered Kylie Platt in July the previous year.
- 28 April 2017: Bethany Platt is forced to have sex with her "boyfriend" Nathan Curtis' friend Neil Clifton, after months of grooming her has led to sexual exploitation.
- 29 May 2017: Daniel Osbourne confesses to his father Ken Barlow that he was responsible for pushing him down the stairs.
- 30 May 2017: Denise Osbourne returns after a 10 year absence in the midst of a hostage situation between her son Daniel and his father Ken Barlow. Elsewhere, Nick Tilsley finds himself stuck in quicksand after falling out with everybody on a family day out to the seaside. Also, Shona Ramsey is brutally beaten up by two thugs on orders from Nathan Curtis as she attempts to rescue Bethany Platt from his sex ring.
- 1 June 2017: Bethany Platt is gang raped by three older men as part of Nathan Curtis' undercover sex ring.
- 2 June 2017: Nick Tilsley leaves Weatherfield after saying a personal farewell to his mother, Gail Rodwell.
- 16 June 2017: After a confrontation with his adoptive half-sister Tracy Barlow and being rejected by his girlfriend Sinead Tinker, Daniel Osbourne overdoses on cocaine and alcohol, with his nephew Adam Barlow and Robert Preston rushing him to hospital.