Corps Regimental Sergeant Major
|Corps Regimental Sergeant Major|
Ensign of the Royal Navy
|Ministry of Defence|
|Reports to||Commandant General Royal Marines|
|Nominator||Commandant General Royal Marines|
|Term length||Not fixed (typically 1–4 years)|
|Inaugural holder||David Malcolm Stollery MBE|
The Royal Marines Corps Regimental Sergeant Major (Corps RSM) is the most senior warrant officer of the Royal Marines. The incumbent carries the sword of Major Alastair Donald, which was presented to the Corps Regimental Sergeant Major by Donald's widow.
The post was created in 1989. He is addressed as "Mr" by officers and "Sir" by all other ranks. Routinely known as "the Corps RSM"
"It has been decided to appoint a representative Regimental Sergeant Major, who will be responsible for centralised events involving Warrant Officers and Senior Non Commissioned Officers and upon who the Commandant General can call for advice should he so desire. The Warrant officers so appointed will be called the Corps Regimental Sergeant Major (Corps RSM)"
Royal Marine Routine Orders, Monday 20th February 1989. (signed by Maj. Gen. H. Y. La R. Beverley)
List of Royal Marines Corps Regimental Sergeants Major
The rank of the Corps Regimental Sergeants Major would be listed as "WO1 (Corps) RSM". This is an amalgamation of a rank and an appointment: the rank is Warrant Officer Class 1 (WO1); the appointment is Corps RSM.
|David Malcolm Stollery MBE||1 January 1989||22 January 1990|||
|John "Jan" Kenneth Palmer MBE||9 December 1989||4 April 1992|||
|J. D. "Des" W. MBE MM||1 April 1992||24 April 1994|||
|W. J. "Willy" S.||21 September 1993||6 March 1995|||
|W. N. M. "Nev" W. MBE||4 January 1995||4 April 1998|||
|K. R.||2 December 1997||16 November 1999|||
|R. T. MBE||13 September 1999||14 October 2002|||
|John Anthony "George" Forster||14 October 2002||28 November 2004|||
|E. A. C. MBE||29 November 2004||31 January 2007|
|B. A. "Baz" D. MBE||1 February 2007||19 October 2009|
|Marc Wicks MBE||20 October 2009||14 July 2011|||
|Allistair Iain "Ally" McGill MBE QGM||21 July 2011||19 November 2014|||
|Philip Steven "Phil" Gilby||19 November 2014||April 2018|||
|Dave Mason||April 2018||Present|||
- Chief of the Air Staff's Warrant Officer - Royal Air Force equivalent
- Warrant Officer of the Naval Service - Royal Navy equivalent
- Army Sergeant Major - British Army equivalent
- "Sword presentation to the Royal Marine Corps at Royal Marines Museum". National Museum of the Royal Navy. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Appointment of Corps Regimental Sergeant Major" (PDF). Royal Marines Badge & Insignia Reference. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Forster, J. A. Register of the Royal Marines Regimental Sergeant Major. Royal Marines Museum, Eastney, Portsmouth.
- "Commander Presents Fathers RSM Cane to Corps Museum". Royal Navy. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Roll". The Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Command Senior Enlisted Leader". NATO. 23 August 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "Trustees". Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "WO1 (CRSM) Dave Mason RM Corps Regimental Sergeant Major". The Royal Marines Charity. Retrieved 18 May 2018.