Corpses Are Forever
|Corpses Are Forever|
|Directed by||Jose Prendes|
|Written by||Jose Prendes|
|Edited by||Brandon Dumlao|
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
Corpses Are Forever is a 2003 American psychological horror-spy thriller film written and directed by Jose Prendes. It stars Jose Prendes as an amnesiac spy who must recover his memories and learn the origin of a zombie apocalypse before the end of the world.
During a zombie apocalypse, Malcolm Grant, a CIA agent, allows himself to be experimented on by a government lab run by General Morton. Morton believes the only way to stop the apocalypse is by wiping Grant's memories and injecting Grant with the experiences of Quint Barrow, the index case of the zombie plague. Through Grant's flashbacks as Barrow, they learn that the apocalypse was begun through a deal with Satan. Grant teams up with a priest, his ex-wife, and a nurse to stop doomsday.
- Jose Prendes as Malcolm Grant and Quint Barrow
- Richard Lynch as General Morton
- Brinke Stevens as Dr. Emily Thesinger
- Bill Perlach as Father James Mason
- Debbie Rochon as Maguerite
- Linnea Quigley as Elli Kroger
- Don Calfa as Jack Stark
Corpses Are Forever was shot in Miami, Florida.
Bill Beyrer of Cinema Blend rated it 3.5/5 stars and wrote that he initially intended to write a sarcastic negative review, but the film turned out to be better than expected. Mike Watt of Film Threat rated it 3/5 stars and wrote, "It's a gutsy movie; it just doesn't work." In The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia, Volume 2, Peter Dendle wrote that the film is "unburdened by any sort of budget or clarity of vision".
- Lindenmuth, Kevin J. (1998). How to Make Movies: Low-Budget/No-Budget Indie Experts Tell All. McFarland & Company. p. 208. ISBN 9780786471065.
- Watt, Mike (2004-08-17). "DEBBIE ROCHON: BEAUTY AND THE BEASTS". Film Threat. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Lindenmuth, Kevin J. (1998). How to Make Movies: Low-Budget/No-Budget Indie Experts Tell All. McFarland & Company. p. 193. ISBN 9780786471065.
- Eakin, Marah (2014-01-30). "Who writes movies like Mega Shark Vs. Mecha Shark?". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Beyrer, Bill. "Corpses Are Forever". CinemaBlend.com. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Watt, Mike (2003-10-20). "Corpses Are Forever". Film Threat. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Dendle, Peter (2012). The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia, Volume 2: 2000–2010. McFarland & Company. p. 47. ISBN 9780786492886.
- Montalbano, Dave (2010). The Adventures of Cinema Dave in the Florida Motion Picture World. Xlibris. pp. 41–47. ISBN 9781462836734.[self-published source]