|Born||May 11, 1923|
|Died||September 20, 2008 (aged 85)|
|Education||Pontificia Accademia Ecclesiastica|
Corrado Balducci (May 11, 1923, in Italy – September 20, 2008 in Italy) was a Catholic theologian of the Vatican Curia, a close friend of the pope, a long-time exorcist for the Archdiocese of Rome, and a Prelate of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and the Society for the Propagation of the Faith. He has written several books about the subliminal messages in rock and metal music, diabolic possessions, and extraterrestrials.
Balducci graduated in 1954 from Pontificia Accademia Ecclesiastica, the Vatican training institute for priests who will be future papal ambassadors, or nuncios. Balducci worked as an exorcist for the Archdiocese of Rome. He was also a member of the Congregation for Evangelization and the Society for the Propagation of the Faith.
Balducci reportedly "defended the existence of extraterrestrial life, and invited the Catholic Church to reconsider its position on this issue". Balducci told a 1998 magazine interviewer that he believed "UFO entities were not demonic" and that they should be investigated by science "and not the world of angels or the Virgin Mary or the demons...not as a divine or demonic incident, but a physical reality". Balducci's remarks were later misrepresented and distributed on the Internet by UFOlogists as "a Vatican announcement of UFO reality".
- ISBN 978-85-86812-08-8 Diabo: ...Vivo e Atuante no Mundo, O (paperback, 2004)
- ISBN 978-88-04-37999-7 Il diavolo (Grandisaggi) (1994)
- ISBN 978-88-384-1561-6 Adoratori del diavolo e rock satanico (1991)
- ISBN 978-0-8189-0586-5 The Devil "Alive and Active in Our World" (paperback, 1990)
- "Balducci, Corrado". St Pauls Publications. Archived from the original on 2007-10-08. Retrieved 2007-01-13.
- "The 'exorcist of the Vatican' dies at age 85". El País. El País. Archived from the original on April 10, 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Brenda Denzler (2001). The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of UFOs. University of California Press. pp. 151–. ISBN 978-0-520-93027-8.
- "PONTIFICIA ACCADEMIA ECCLESIASTICA". Vatican - Roman Curia. Retrieved 2007-01-11.
- H.A. Kelly (30 January 2004). Tragedy and Comedy from Dante to Pseudo-Dante. Wipf and Stock Publishers. pp. 88–. ISBN 978-1-59244-521-9.
- Franco Ferrarotti (1 January 1993). Faith Without Dogma: The Place of Religion in Postmodern Societies. Transaction Publishers. pp. 145–. ISBN 978-1-4128-2332-6.
- James R. Lewis (2002). The Encyclopedia of Cults, Sects, and New Religions. Prometheus Books, Publishers. pp. 577–. ISBN 978-1-61592-738-8.