From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Comune di Corridonia|
|Frazioni||Colbuccaro, Passo del Bidollo, San Claudio|
|• Mayor||Nelia Calvigioni|
|• Total||62.0 km2 (23.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||261 m (856 ft)|
|Population (August 2007)|
|• Density||240/km2 (620/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||SS. Peter and Paul|
|Saint day||29 June|
Corridonia is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Macerata in the Italian region Marche, located about 40 kilometres (25 mi) south of Ancona and about 8 kilometres (5 mi) southeast of Macerata.
- Filippo Corridoni, syndicalist, died during World War I
- Giovanni Battista Velluti, castrated opera singer
- Massimo Ciocci, football player that played for F.C. Internazionale Milano, an Italian football club
- Luigi Lanzi, antiquarian, assistant director of the Galleria Uffizi of Florence, and director of the Accademia della Crusca.
- Eugenio Niccolai, captain 151 of Trooper Regiment, adorned with the Gold Medal for the Military Merit, died the 31 January 1918 sul Col del Rosso, in the last Battle of the Piave
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.