Corrobinnie Hill Conservation Park
|Corrobinnie Hill Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Kyancutta|
|Established||25 August 1983|
|Area||2.08 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Corrobinnie Hill Conservation Park is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located on the Eyre Peninsula in the gazetted locality of Pinkawillinie about 24 kilometres (15 mi) west of the town centre in Kyancutta.
The conservation park was proclaimed on 25 August 1983 under the state’s National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972. Its name was derived from Corrobinnie Hill which is located within its boundaries. As of June 2016, the conservation park covered an area of 2.08 square kilometres (0.80 sq mi).
The surrounding the conservation park which is crown land and which is described in cadastral terms as “allotment 1 of Deposited Plan No. 33659, Hundred of Hill” was dedicated on 11 November 1993 under the Crown Lands Act 1929 as part of the conservation reserve known as the Pinkawillinie Conservation Reserve. On 21 November 2002, the surrounding land was added by proclamation to the Pinkawillinie Conservation Park.
As of 2010, the conservation park was operated in association with the Pinkawillinie Conservation Park. It can only be accessed by four-wheel drive vehicle only via the “Number 17 Stock Route.” It is reported as being “one of the most popular attractions” in the Pinkawillinie Conservation Park due to the presence of Corrobinnie Hill, a hill “consisting of unusually shaped, weathered, granite rocks.”
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 11 July 2016)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2014. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Search result(s) for Corrobinnie Hill Conservation Park (Record No. SA0016336) with the following layers being selected - "Parcel labels", "Suburbs and Localities", "Hundreds", "Place names (gazetteer)" and "Road labels"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Pinkawillinie Conservation Park". Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, Government of South Australia. 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "CROWN LANDS ACT, 1929: SECTION 5, The Twenty Fourth Schedule" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia: 2438–2440. 11 November 1993. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT 1972 SECTION 29 (3): PINKAWILLINIE CONSERVATION PARK—ALTERATION OF BOUNDARIES" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia: 4225. 21 November 2002.
- "Pinkawillinie Conservation Park (brochure)" (PDF). Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Government of South Australia. October 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2017.