|Foaled||April 24, 2002|
Cortes 'C', or Cortes, is a horse ridden by four-time U.S. Olympian Beezie Madden in show jumping. He is owned by Abigail Wexner. The pair have won many competitions and have competed in the Olympics together, including being named the 2014 United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) International Horse of the Year.
Life and career
Cortes is a 2002 gelding sired by Randel Z, out of Orchidee Van De Tombeele. His cross-legged jumping style has caught the attention of many. His longtime groom, Clark Shipley says, “He’s the friendliest horse you’ll ever meet in your life.” 
In 2013, Cortes and Madden rode to first place in the $125,000 FEI World Cup Grand Prix at the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington, Florida. They also won the Global Champions Tour CSI5* Grand Prix of Chantilly in France. In 2014, Madden and Cortes won the King George Gold Cup at Hickstead—making Madden the first woman to take first place. Madden also won a team bronze and individual bronze at the World Equestrian Games with Cortes in 2014. In 2016, Madden and Cortes were named a part of the U.S. Olympic show jumping team to compete in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The pair have been traveling with the team in preparation for the Olympics, most notably tying with France for Silver in the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup presented by Longines in Italy.
In 2017, it was announced by rider Beezie Madden that Cortes 'C' would be retired from competition.
- "Behind The Stall Door With: Cortes 'C' | The Chronicle of the Horse". Chronofhorse.com. 2015-09-14. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Fire It Up! Beezie Madden and Cortes 'C' Sizzle on a Cool Night to Win $125,000 FEI World Cup Grand Prix". ProEquest.com. 2013-02-16. Archived from the original on 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Home of Beezie Madden". Johnmaddensales.com. 1963-11-20. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Beezie Madden". The Hampton Classic. 1963-11-20. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Olympic Show Jumper Cortes 'C' Gets His Retirement". www.horsechannel.com. Retrieved 2017-11-12.