From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cortex, cortical, or cortices in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cortex may refer to:
- Cortex (anatomy), the outermost or superficial layer of an organ
- Cortex (hair), the middle layer of a strand of hair
- Adrenal cortex, the portion of the adrenal gland responsible for the production of cortisol and aldosterone
- Cell cortex, the region proximal to the cell surface, i.e. directly underneath the cell membrane
- Renal cortex, the outer portion of the kidney
- Cerebral cortex, the outer layer of the vertebrate cerebrum, part of which is the forebrain
- Cerebellar cortex, the outer layer of the vertebrate cerebellum
- Cortex (archaeology), the outer layer of rock formed on the exterior of raw materials by chemical and mechanical weathering processes
- Cortex (botany), the outer portion of the stem or root of a plant
- Cortex, a Swedish post-punk alternative band featuring Freddie Wadling
- Cortex, a podcast hosted by Myke Hurley and CGP Grey
- Cortex (film), 2008 film directed by Nicolas Boukhrief
- Cortex, the second episode of Code Lyoko: Evolution and the 97th episode of the Code Lyoko franchise.
- Cortex (video game), a game for Amiga computers
- Cortex Command, action game released in 2012 by Data Realms
- Doctor Neo Cortex, main antagonist in the Crash Bandicoot series
- Nina Cortex, Cortex's niece
- Cortex, a family of the ARM architecture of CPUs
- Cortex (journal), cognitive science journal published by Elsevier
- Cortex (company), a division of Gemini Sound Products
- Cortex Pharmaceuticals, company based in Glen Rock, New Jersey
- Cordtex, a type of detonating cord used in mining
- All pages with titles containing cortex
- All pages beginning with "cortical"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cortex.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.