|Elevation||561 ft (171 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||432994|
Cortland is an unincorporated community in eastern Hamilton Township, Jackson County, Indiana, United States. It lies along State Road 258, northwest of the city of Seymour. Cortland's elevation is 561 feet (171 m), and it is located at (38.9731084, -85.9641467). Although Cortland is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47228.
Cortland is the home of the Jackson County Rodeo.
- "Cortland, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 51. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Jackson County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 103. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named it for his birthplace, Cortland, New York.
|This Jackson County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|