Cortland City School District
|Cortland City School District|
|1 Valley View Dr
Cortland, New York (Cortland County), 13045
|Motto||Committed to Excellence|
|Grades||K - 12|
|Superintendent||Michael J. Hoose|
|Schools||5 Elementary, 1 Junior/Senior High School|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||210.58(on an FTE basis)|
|Colors||Purple and White|
|Average class size||21|
|Communities served||Cortland, Virgil, Cortlandville|
The Cortland City School District is a public school district in Cortland, New York. The district consists of 6 schools and with a total enrollment of approximately 2,800 students. The Cortland City District includes the city of Cortland, the town of Virgil, and part of the town of Cortlandville.
The school board consists of 7 members.
All 5 elementary schools serve students from Kindergarten to 6th grade. Each school is zoned. Smith Elementary serves the northern part of the City of Cortland. Students at Randall Elementary live on the southeastern portion of Cortland. Parker Elementary is located in the midwestern part of Cortland and Barry Elementary school covers the southwestern portion of the City of Cortland and parts of Cortlandville south and southwest of the city. Virgil Elementary is located in Virgil, NY.
- F. S. Barry Elementary School
- Alton B. Parker Elementary School
- Randall Elementary School
- F. E. Smith Elementary School
- Virgil Elementary School
- Jr/Sr High School
- "School District Administrators, Buildings, and Contact Information". Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Cortland City School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-06-04. Retrieved 2009-11-28.