Cortland Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||February 1, 1865|
|• Total||35.3 sq mi (91 km2)|
|• Land||35.08 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.21 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.59%|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||11,145|
|• Density||312.6/sq mi (120.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60112, 60115, 60151, 60178|
Cortland Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 10,968 and it contained 4,267 housing units. Cortland Township was originally named Richland Township, but was renamed to Pampas Township on November 20, 1850; it was renamed to Cortland Township on February 1, 1865.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.3 square miles (91 km2), of which 35.08 square miles (90.9 km2) (or 99.38%) is land and 0.21 square miles (0.54 km2) (or 0.59%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these three cemeteries: Mound Rest, Mount Pleasant and Ohio Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport
- Ruder Airport
- Dekalb Community Unit School District 428
- Kaneland Community Unit School District 302
- Sycamore Community Unit School District 427
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Cortland Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
||Mayfield Township||Sycamore Township||Burlington Township, Kane County|
|DeKalb Township||Virgil Township, Kane County|
|Afton Township||Pierce Township||Kaneville Township, Kane County|