This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cory Bowles, September 2012
Life and career
Best known as Cory in Trailer Park Boys, he also is the principal choreographer of Halifax-based Contemporary Dance Company Verve Mwendo, plays in the rock band Aide-De-Camp and voices the children's series Poko. In the mid-1990s Bowles gained some prominence as MC of hip hop act Hip Club Groove, releasing an EP on No Records and later a full length on Murderecords. The group toured Canada, often opening for other Halifax based bands such as Sloan.
Bowles later formed a theatre company in 1997 with bandmate Joe Wynne called The Good Companions. After closing down the company he went on to further his studies as a dancer and choreographer in Alberta.
Bowles received a Gemini Award for his work on Trailer Park Boys and ECMA nominations for music. His quirky choreography has turned up in music videos for artists such as Matt Mays and Jenn Grant.
Bowles rejoined the cast of Trailer Park Boys in season 8.
Recently Bowles directed the feature film Black Cop, which won the award for Best Canadian Feature Film at the 2017 Vancouver International Film Festival and the John Dunning Discovery Award at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards.
- Short Films
- The Scavengers (2008)
- Heart of Rhyme (2011)
- The Anatomy of Assistance (2013)
- Righteous (2014)
- Black Cop (2016)
- Trailer Park Boys (2001–present)
- Poko (2003 - 2008)
- North/South (2006)
- TV with TV's Jonathan Torrens (2009)
- Call Me Fitz (2011)
- Pure (2017)
- 2006 Dear Skeleton - AIDE-DE-CAMP (Safety Workbook)
- 2005 E - AIDE-DE-CAMP (Safety Workbook)
- 2001 Hiss II - DJ MOVES (Low Pressure)
- 1999 The Hooded Fang - Josh Martinez (Camobear)
- 1998 Psyche Intangible - Sixtoo (Metaforensics)
- 1996 Land of the Lost - Hip Club Groove (Funtrip Records)
- 1995 Superstar - Len (Funtrip Records)
- 1996 Bassments of Badmen - Various Artists (Hand'solo Recordings)
- 1994 Trailer Park Hip Hop - Hip Club Groove (Murderecords)
- 1993 Cool Beans EP - Hip Club Groove (with Len and Zoltar) (No Records)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-03-16.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "VIFF Announces BC and Canadian Award Winners for the 36th Annual Festival" (Press release). Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Cory Bowles|