This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cory Brandan live in 2007
|Birth name||Cory Brandan Putman|
|Born||April 11, 1976|
|Genres||Hard rock, metalcore, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Eso-Charis, Living Sacrifice, Fear is the Driving Force, Uses Fire, Norma Jean, The Radio Sky, The Handshake Murders, Hundred Suns|
Brandan is a former member of bands Eso-Charis, Living Sacrifice, The Handshake Murders, and Uses Fire, and a current member of the bands Norma Jean, Fear is the Driving Force and The Radio Sky. He was one of the founding members of Mathcore band Eso-Charis, along with his brother, Matthew Putman and Arthur Green who eventually went on to join the band Living Sacrifice. He played guitar for a tour through Norway and Sweden with Living Sacrifice, before being replaced by Rocky Gray (who would go on to play drums in Evanescence and guitar in Soul Embraced).
Brandan then toured with and later joined Norma Jean permanently as their lead vocalist, replacing former vocalist Josh Scogin. Since Brandan has joined Norma Jean, they have released seven records; O God, the Aftermath released in 2005, Redeemer in 2006, The Anti Mother, which was released on August 5, 2008 through Solid State Records, Meridional released July 12, 2010 through Razor & Tie, and Wrongdoers on August 6, 2013. Polar Similar released September 9, 2016, and All Hail on October 25, 2019. The Anti Mother featured guest writing and vocals by notable artists Chino Moreno of the Deftones, Page Hamilton of Helmet, and Cove Reber of Saosin.
In late 2008 Brandan created graphic and clothing design company UNwork. Since UNwork's conception, Brandan has designed for bands small and large across the country. Putman has said that he uses his experiences as a former struggling band member to shape how he runs the company and that he understands the necessities of keeping designs inexpensive to print, and specializes in these cheap-to-print one and two color designs.
On the UNwork Myspace, Brandan writes: "I have been doing UNwork for years now, it's not really important how long exactly. I have been doing other things for the past 6 years (Norma Jean, The Radio Sky and Fear is the Driving Force) and it has kept me away from this almost completely. I have always been interested in all kinds of art and have recently really wanted to do UNwork again."
Brandan is colorblind and has three brothers, one older, two younger: Tristen, Matt, and Adam Putman. He is the father of two children, and is married to artist and photographer Rachel Rodemann.
|Living Sacrifice||1998, 2003|
|Fear is the Driving Force||2008–present|
|The Radio Sky|
|The Handshake Murders|
- The Plateau Green (1997)
- Eso-Charis (1998)
- Setting Roots for Winter 7-inch (2000)
With Norma Jean
- O God, the Aftermath (2005)
- Redeemer (2006)
- The Anti Mother (2008)
- Meridional (2010)
- Wrongdoers (2013)
- Polar Similar (2016)
- All Hail (2019)
With Fear Is the Driving Force
- Volume Zero (2009)
With Hundred Suns
- The Prestaliis (2017)
- Last Chance to Breathe by Spoken (2005)
- The March by Unearth (2008)
- Rising Sun by Stray from the Path (2011)
- Raise the Dead by Le Castle Vania (2013)
- Everything Was Sound by Silent Planet (2016)
- "White Noises" on the Violence EP by My Epic (2019)
- "Official Norma Jean Website".
- US. "Fear Is The Driving Force | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- US. "The Radio Sky (Album available for free!) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Hundred Suns – Featuring Members of Norma Jean, Dead & Divine, and ex-Every Time I Die – Announce New Project". Revolver. October 22, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Norma Jean Vocalist Will Have Fun Designing for Your Band". Noisecreep. March 22, 2010. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Cory Brandan (Cory Brandan – Unwork) on Myspace". Myspace.com. September 21, 2008. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Cory Brandan of Norma Jean". Interviewed by Trav Turner. As The Story Grows. August 23, 2015. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved November 22, 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Norma Jean's Cory Brandan Is a Single Dad". Noisecreep. July 13, 2010. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Norma Jean's Cory Brandan Is 'a Lot Happier'". Noisecreep. February 11, 2010. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- interviews » (December 17, 2009). "Interview with Norma Jean vocalist and guitarist Cory Brandan Putman « Interviews «". Puregrainaudio.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)