|Born: October 9, 1987|
|August 4, 2012, for the San Diego Padres|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||4.60|
Cory Wade Burns (born October 9, 1987) is an American professional baseball pitcher who is currently a free agent. He previously played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the San Diego Padres, and Texas Rangers and Lancaster Barnstormers of the independent Atlantic League of Professional Baseball.
San Diego Padres
The Padres called Burns up to the majors for the first time on August 3, 2012, and sent him down to the Tucson Padres on August 5. He was recalled on August 11 when Huston Street was placed on the disabled list.
Burns was acquired by the Texas Rangers on November 28, 2012, and split the 2013 season between the Rangers and the Triple-A Round Rock Express. Wilfredo Boscan was sent to the Padres on December 6 to complete the trade.
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Burns was claimed off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays on September 28, 2014. He was designated for assignment on January 14, 2015, and outrighted to the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons on January 16. He was assigned to the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats on April 2. Burns elected free agency on November 6, 2015.
New York Mets
- Padres trade Cunningham for reliever
- "San Diego Padres designate Kip Wells, call up prospect Cory Burns". Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Durett, Richard (November 28, 2012). "Rangers acquire RHP Cory Burns". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Brock, Corey (December 6, 2012). "Padres get righty Boscan to complete Burns deal". MLB.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- Ginsberg, David (June 30, 2014). "Saunders struggles as Rangers fall to Orioles 7-1". U-T San Diego. Associated Press. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Ross, Jamie (September 28, 2014). "Blue Jays claim Burns; recall Hague". MLB.com. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben (January 14, 2015). "Blue Jays claim West from Texas, designate Burns". Sportsnet. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Eastern League Transactions". milb.com. p. November 2015. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- Eddy, Matt (December 24, 2016). "Minor League Transactions: Dec. 10-22". baseballamerica.com. Retrieved December 24, 2016.