Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Cory Chisel and
The Wandering Sons
|Years active||2004 – present|
|Labels||Black Seal Music|
|Members||Cory Chisel, Adriel Harris|
|Past members||Rick Setzer, Paul Mannone, Miles Nielsen, Daniel McMahon, Adam Plamann, Noah Harris, Charles Koltak|
Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons are an Americana, folk rock band that started in Appleton, Wisconsin. The band consists of Cory Chisel and Adriel Harris. Past members include Rick Setser, Paul Mannone, Miles Nielsen, Daniel McMahon, Adam Plamann, Noah Harris, and Charles Koltak. The band gets its name from the wandering, fluid nature of the musicians that work with Chisel and Harris.
The band has performed on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," "Conan" and "The Late Show with David Letterman." They've also been a part of several major music festivals, including Bonnaroo in 2011.
Chisel and the Wandering Sons toured in support of Norah Jones in 2012. Chisel also helped launch a music festival, Mile of Music, in Appleton, Wisconsin, where he spent several years of his youth. Its first year, 2013, featured Rodney Crowell, Justin Townes Earle and Norah Jones.
The second Mile of Music festival was held Aug. 7-10 in Appleton and again featured performances from Chisel and his band. Also a part of Mile 2 were the Baseball Project, Langhorne Slim, Robert Ellis, Sturgill Simpson and more than 200 other artists.
Originally calling themselves simply The Wandering Sons the band, which included Cory Chisel, released their debut album entitled Again From The Beginning in 2004. Two past self-released albums include Darken Your Door (EP) and Little Bird. After signing with Black Seal, the band released their Cabin Ghosts EP in summer of 2008. In 2009, the band released the album Death Won't Send a Letter. In 2012, the band released the album Old Believers on Brendan Benson's Readymade Records. A new record is to be recorded and likely released in 2014.
- Again From The Beginning (2004)
- Darken Your Door (2005)
- Little Bird (2006)
- Cabin Ghosts (2008)
- Death Won't Send A Letter (2009)
- Old Believers (2012)
- http://appletonhub.postcrescent.com/section/APC050202 Knocking on the Door, from the Fox Cities Hub at the Appleton Post-Crescent
- http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/10/13/cory_chisel Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons perform in The Current studios, from Minnesota Public Radio
- "Shay To Lead New RCA Label". Billboard.biz. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896798/soundtrack?ref_=tt_trv_snd, "IMDB"
- "First time event held outside Milwaukee". The Post Crescent. April 13, 2010. pp. A–3, A–6.