At a game in Denver in November, 2010.
|No. -- Edmonton Eskimos|
|Date of birth:||June 5, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Kingston, Ontario|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Kingston (ON) Regiopolis-Notre Dame|
|CFL draft:||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 3|
|Career NFL statistics|
Coriander 'Cory' Greenwood (born June 5, 1985) is a Canadian football linebacker for the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He has played as a middle linebacker and long snapper. He played college football for the Concordia University Stingers, and was drafted third overall by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) in the 2010 CFL Draft, after Toronto traded up to be in a position to draft him. A few days later, however, he signed a contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Greenwood is a Canadian football player born in Kingston, Ontario. He attended Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School, and Concordia University where he played college football for the Concordia Stingers from 2006-2009. His senior year, he was the recipient of the Presidents' Trophy for best defensive player in Canadian Interuniversity Sport football.
Coming into the 2010 CFL Draft, Greenwood was ranked as the third overall prospect in the Canadian Football League’s Amateur Scouting Bureau rankings for players eligible in that year's draft. On the day prior to the draft, the Toronto Argonauts traded the number one overall draft pick to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, along with the eighth overall pick, for punter Jamie Boreham and the second and fourth overall picks in the 2010 draft. To ensure that they would be able to select Greenwood, they then traded their newly acquired fourth overall pick to the BC Lions for the third overall pick. With the trade made official, the Toronto Argonauts selected Greenwood with the third overall pick in the draft.
Kansas City Chiefs
On May 18, 2010, it was announced that Greenwood had signed a contract with the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. Following the Chiefs' 2010 training camp, Greenwood was listed on the team's active roster and depth chart as a third-string middle linebacker and third-string long snapper. In 2011, Greenwood would finish the season with 13 tackles. On May 2, 2013 Greenwood was released by the Chiefs.
Greenwood signed with the Detroit Lions on May 6, 2013. On August 19, 2013, he was waived/injured by the Lions. On August 20, 2013, he cleared waivers and was placed on injured reserve. He was released on August 8, 2014.
On October 28, 2014, Greenwood signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Greenwood only appeared in 2 games for the Argonauts during the 2014 campaign and only playing on special teams. He recorded 2 special teams tackles in both games. Greenwood saw an increased role for the double-blue in 2015, playing in 8 games and contributing 33 defensive tackles, 3 special teams tackles, 1 sack and 1 fumble recovery. Greenwood had a bit of a breakout season in 2016, despite missing a number of games due to a knee injury he suffered in August. He accumulated 70 tackles in only 12 games. After not being re-signed by the Argos following the season Greenwood became a free agent on February 14, 2017.
- http://www.vancouversun.com/story_print.html?id=2775068&sponsor= Queen's linebacker Shomari Williams tops CFL draft rankings
- "ARGOS AGREE TO TRADE TOP PICK IN 2010 DRAFT TO ROUGHRIDERS". Archived from the original on 29 June 2011.
- "Lions and Argos complete draft day trade".
- http://www.cfl.ca/article/argos-take-cory-greenwood-at-3 Argos take Cory Greenwood at #3
- http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/CHIEFS-SIGN-ROOKIE-FREE-AGENT-LB-CORY-GREENWOOD/1ded07f9-2346-473c-a4be-3c553e73c734 Chiefs sign rookie free agent LB Cory Greenwood
- http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=321870 Argos draft pick Greenwood signs with chiefs
- http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster.html Kansas City Chiefs depth chart
- http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html Kansas City Chiefs active roster
- Cory Greenwood and Derek Hardman add depth at positions of need
- Meinke, Kyle (August 19, 2013). "Detroit Lions continue roster shakeup by signing TE Cameron Morrah". MLive.com. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Rothstein, Michael. "Detroit Lions release Cory Greenwood". ESPN. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- nurun.com. "Greenwood could miss up to five weeks". The Kingston Whig-Standard. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "Esks sign national Cory Greenwood". CFL.ca. 2017-03-08. Retrieved 2017-03-09.