The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Silverberg is Jewish, and grew up in a "middle class liberal Canadian home in the '70s." A certified sex educator and former chair of sexuality educator certification for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists, he teaches on topics including sex and disability, sex and technology, and pleasure, inclusion, and access across North America. He is the co-author of the "Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability" and since 2005 he has been the Sexuality Guide for About.com.
Silverberg's children's book What Makes a Baby was the most funded children's book project on Kickstarter to date, and was released in 2012. Two follow up books are to be published by Seven Stories Press. His newest book, Sex Is a Funny Word: A Book about Bodies, Feelings, and YOU, was published by Seven Stories Press to high acclaim  in May 2015, and was described by Today's Parents.com as a "literary Magic School Bus[disambiguation needed] of sex ed [that] ... broaches the subjects of bodies, nudity, privacy, gender and gender identity".
- The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability (2003; OCLC 53021670)
- What Makes a Baby (2012; OCLC 826323398)
- Sex is a Funny Word (2015; OCLC 896806764)
- 2014 Lambda Literary Awards Finalist for What Makes a Baby in LGBT Children/Young Adult
- 2016 Stonewall Book Award Honor Book in Children's and Young Adult Literature for Sex is a Funny Word
- 2016 American Library Association Notable Children's Book Award for Sex is a Funny Word
- 2016 Norma Fleck Award for Canadian Children's Non-Fiction for Sex is a Funny Word
- 2016 Joe Shuster Award/ Canada's National Comic Book Award Nominee for Sex is a Funny Word
- 2016 Canadian Children's Book Centre's Best Books for Kids and Teens Award for Sex is a Funny Word
- 2016 Association for Library Service to Children Notable Book for Sex is a Funny Word
- 2016 Rainbow Book List for Sex is a Funny Word
- "I've seen the future: It's techno-sex", article by Rosie DiManno, June 17, 2009, TheStar.com. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Why White Parents Need To Talk To Their Kids About Racism - CBC Parents, August 16, 2017.
- "A Kids’ Book on Baby Making for All—Yes, All—Families", article by Dana Rudolph, May 8, 2013, baywindows.com. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "How a new children’s sex-ed book steers clear of S-E-X", article by Zosia Bielski, June 6, 2013, The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Sex Is a Funny Word: A must-read for kids…and parents", article by Tara-Michelle Ziniuk, May 6, 2015, Today's Parent. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Cory Silverberg Retrieved 2017-08-18.
|This biographical article about a Canadian activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|