||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
The Corynebacterineae comprise a suborder of the Actinomycetales and include most of the acid-fast bacteria. Therewith it is a subgroup of the high GC-content and Gram-positive bacteria. Among its subgroup Mycobacteriaceae are the species which cause tuberculosis and leprosy.
The phylogeny is based on 16S rRNA-based LTP release 123 by 'The All-Species Living Tree' Project.
The currently accepted taxonomy is based on the List of Prokaryotic Names with Standing in Nomenclature  and National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- Order Corynebacteriales Goodfellow & Jones 2015 ["Corynebacteriales" Goodfellow & Jones 2012; Corynebacterineae Stackebrandt et al. 1997 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009; Mycobacteria]
- Genus Lawsonella Bell et al. 2016 ["Lawsonella" Nicholson et al. 2015]
- Genus Tomitella Katayama et al. 2010
- Family Corynebacteriaceae Lehmann and Neumann 1907 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009 (Coryneform bacteria)
- Family Dietziaceae Rainey et al. 1997 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009
- Genus Dietzia Rainey et al. 1995 emend. Kämpfer et al. 2010
- Family Gordoniaceae Rainey et al. 1997 s.l. ["Williamsiaceae" Garrity & Holt 2001]
- Family Mycobacteriaceae Chester 1897 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009
- Family Nocardiaceae Castellani and Chalmers 1919 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009
- Family Segniliparaceae Butler et al. 2005 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009
- Family Tsukamurellaceae Rainey et al. 1997 emend. Zhi, Li & Stackebrandt 2009
♠ Strains found at the National Center for Biotechnology Information but not listed in the List of Prokaryotic Names with Standing in Nomenclature