Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Cos or cos in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cos, COS, CoS, coS or Cos. may refer to:
Mathematics, science and technology
- Cosine, a trigonometric function
- COS cells, a cell line used by biologists
- Carbonyl sulfide, (COS) a chemical compound
- Cobalt sulfide, (CoS) a chemical compound
- Class of service (CoS), a 3-bit field within a layer-two Ethernet frame header defined by IEEE 802.1p
- Class of service (COS), a configuration parameter in legacy telephone systems
- Cray Operating System, a proprietary operating system Cray supercomputers
- CatOS, an obsolete operating system for Cisco Catalyst devices
- China Operating System, a Linux-based mobile operating system under development in China
- Cosmic Origins Spectrograph, an ultraviolet instrument installed on the Hubble Space Telescope
- Central office switching, a system or unit that connects telephone calls
- Caché ObjectScript, a programming language, part of the InterSystems Caché database
- Controlled ovarian stimulation a method of optimizing fertility that may be given as part of an intrauterine insemination cycle
- Childhood-Onset Schizophrenia
- Cos, Ariège, a commune of the Ariège department in France
- Cos or Kos, a Greek island
- Colorado Springs Airport, a public airport located near Colorado Springs
- Also may refer to Colorado Springs
- Gulf of Cos, a narrow gulf of the Aegean Sea
- Villa de Cos, town in the Mexican state of Zacatecas
- Chief of Staff, the coordinator of the supporting staff of an organization
- Chief of Station, an official appointed as chief of a stationary post
- Chief of Station, also known as resident spy, the chief spy operating in a foreign nation
- Roman consul, the highest elected political office of the Roman Republic and the Empire
Organizations, societies and churches
- Chamber of Shipping, see i.e.
- Charity Organization Society, a private charity (late 19th century to early 20th century) for information on the poor
- Children's Orchestra Society, a non-profit organization in New York City for musically talented children and teens
- Commandement des Opérations Spéciales, a French organization that coordinates special forces of all military branches
- Community of Science, online database
- Central Organization for Statistics, the government of Iraq's statistics agency
- Cooper Ornithological Society, an ornithological society founded in 1893 in California
- Church of Satan, an organization for those who lead their life according to The Satanic Bible
- Church of Scientology, an organization devoted to the practise and the promotion of the Scientology belief system
- Church of Scotland, the national church of Scotland
- Council of State, an advisory body of many countries
- Consequence of Sound, a Chicago-based music website
- Company of Servers, a society for lay altar servers within the Anglican Communion
- Cos lettuce or romaine lettuce, a variety of lettuce
- Cost of sales, the direct costs attributable to the production of the goods sold by a company
- Chicks on Speed, an electropop group which started in Munich
- Martín Perfecto de Cos (1800–1854), 19th-century Mexican general, brother in law of Presidente & General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna
- COS (Collection of Style), a fashion line by H&M
- A nickname for comedian Bill Cosby
- Cos television series, 1976 sketch comedy hosted by Cosby
- An old pet form for "cousin"
- Informal abbreviation for the book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Cos., the abbreviation for "companies"
- CoS, Chance of Success, used in oil and gas exploration to give an indication of the chance of finding commercial oil/gas reserve
- An abbreviation for 'Cosplay', in China and center of Republic of Korea.
- Caress of Steel, an album by the Rock Band, Rush.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cos.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.