Cosmic Call was the name of two sets of interstellar radio messages that were sent from RT-70 in Yevpatoria, Crimea in 1999 (Cosmic Call 1) and 2003 (Cosmic Call 2) to various nearby stars. The messages were designed with noise-resistant format and characters.
Both transmissions were at ~150 kW, 5.01 GHz (FSK +/-24 kHz).
Each Cosmic Call 1 session had the following structure. The Scientific Part (DDM, BM, AM, and ESM) was sent three times (at 100 bits/s, and the Public Part (PP) was sent once (at 2000 bits/s), according to the following arrangement:
where DDM is the Dutil-Dumas Message, created by Canadian scientists Yvan Dutil and Stephane Dumas, BM is the Braastad Message, AM is the Arecibo Message, and ESM is the Encounter 2001 Staff Message.
Each Cosmic Call 2 session had the following structure:
The messages were sent to the following stars:
|Name||Designation HD||Constellation||Date sent||Arrival date||Message|
|16 Cyg A||HD 186408||Cygnus||May 24, 1999||November 2069||Cosmic Call 1|
|15 Sge||HD 190406||Sagitta||June 30, 1999||February 2057||Cosmic Call 1|
|HD 178428||Sagitta||June 30, 1999||October 2067||Cosmic Call 1|
|Gl 777||HD 190360||Cygnus||July 1, 1999||April 2051||Cosmic Call 1|
|Hip 4872||Cassiopeia||July 6, 2003||April 2036||Cosmic Call 2|
|HD 245409||Orion||July 6, 2003||August 2040||Cosmic Call 2|
|55 Cnc||HD 75732||Cancer||July 6, 2003||May 2044||Cosmic Call 2|
|HD 10307||Andromeda||July 6, 2003||September 2044||Cosmic Call 2|
|47 UMa||HD 95128||Ursa Major||July 6, 2003||May 2049||Cosmic Call 2|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-05-15. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- Synthesis and Transmission of Cosmic Call 2003 Interstellar Radio Message.
- "Broadcast for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence from Evpatoria Deep Space Center" Report on Cosmic Call 1999
- Передача и поиски разумных сигналов во Вселенной
- http://www.activeseti.org/evpatoria.html Discussion of the Call's "Rosetta Stone" and how it was developed
- http://www.cplire.ru/html/ra&sr/irm/CosmicCall-2003/index.html Discussion of the full content of the message
- Report on Cosmic Call
- http://www3.sympatico.ca/stephane_dumas/CETI/evpatoria.html Evpatoria 2003 discussion with bitmap and image
- http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-couple-guys-built-most-ambitious-alien-outreach-project-ever-180960473/?no-ist History of Cosmic Calls