Costa Del Mar
"See what's out there"
|Holly Rush (CEO)|
|Revenue||$100 million (2013)|
Costa Del Mar or simply Costa is an American manufacturer of polarized sunglasses based in Daytona Beach, Florida. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Essilor. Their sunglasses are popular in the sport sunglasses market, and are considered good for outdoor sports practicing, such as Summer activities, recreational fishing and boating. Costa's Baffin Sunglasses won Best of Show: Eyewear at ICAST 2018.
Costa Del Mar was founded in 1983 by Ray Ferguson in Daytona Beach. By 1986, it was the official gear of the Stars & Stripes team in America's Cup yacht racing contest and quickly became popular among surfers and recreational fishermen due to its sun glare protection. The brand made an appearance in the 1987 NES game California Games as one of the sponsors.
The brand was acquired by Essilor in 2013 for approximately $270 million.
In August 2017, a new vice-president of marketing by the name of TJ McMeniman was nominated.
The company was involved in a series of lawsuits for "deceptive trade practices".
They also have a campaign called Costa+OCEARCH, as a result with a partnership with OCEARCH, also intended to raise funds to the non-governmental organization dedicated to protect ocean wildlife.
In 2018, Costa launched their Untangled Collection. This collection is a partnership with Bureo to reduce plastic waste from fishing nets in the ocean. Bureo collects the fishing nets and turns them into plastic pellets, which Costa uses to created these frames.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Diane M. Carey. "Plans approved for new Costa del Mar headquarters". Hometown News Volusia. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Pace, Victor. "Sport Sunglasses Market – Oakley, Columbia, Nike, Ray-Ban, Chums, Tifosi, Costa Del Mar, Electric Eyewear, Field & Stream, Gargoyles, Hobie | First News 24". www.firstnewspaper24.com. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Sport Sunglasses Market is touching new levels – A comprehensive study segmented by Key Players: Oakley, Columbia, Nike, Ray-Ban, Chums, Tifosi – Financial Analyst". theanalystfinancial.com. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Review: Water-friendly outdoor gear for the summer | KSL.com". Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Check out the translation for "costa del mar" on SpanishDict!". SpanishDict. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Born On The Water". Costa Del Mar. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Boating. November 1998.
- "Costa Del Mar Sunglasses Says "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been"". www.ej-sunglasses.com. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "California Games FAQ for NES by 007 - GameFAQs". gamefaqs.gamespot.com. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Staff. "Essilor Agrees to Acquire Polarized Sun Leader Costa in All Cash Deal". Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Staff, INVISION. "Costa Names VP of Marketing". INVISIONMAG.COM. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Plaintiff Throws Shade at Sunglasses Maker\'s \'No Gimmicks\' Warranty in Houston Class Action Case | Texas Lawyer". Texas Lawyer. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- Staff, INVISION. "Costa Launches #OneCoast Campaign for Disaster Relief". INVISIONMAG.COM. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Gilhawley, Carol. "Costa and OCEARCH Celebrate Upcoming Expedition". INVISIONMAG.COM. Retrieved 2018-04-12.