Cotabato Manobo language
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Region||Sultan Kudarat, Mindanao, the Philippines|
Cotabato Manobo is spoken in (Ethnologue):
- Sultan Kudarat Province: Kalamansig, Palimbang, and Ninoy Aquino municipalities
- South Cotabato Province: T’Boli municipality
- /i u/ are realized as [ɪ ʊ] in closed syllables.
- /ɛ/ is realized as [e] when it is preceded by /k/ and in an open syllable.
- /a/ is realized as [ɜ] when it is followed by /h/ or /ʔ/.
- /ɔ/ is realized as [ɒ] when it is followed by /h/, /ʔ/, or /ɡ/, or when word-initial and followed by /k/. For some speakers it may also be realized as [ɒ] before or after /k/ when not word-initial.
- Harland Kerr (1988). "Cotabato Manobo grammar". Studies in Philippine Linguistics. 7 (1): 1–123.
|This article about Philippine languages is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|