|Location||Cotham Lawn Road
|DfE URN||137440 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Cotham school was established in 1856. Its predecessor was the Merchant Venturers School. Until the academic year 2000/01, Cotham was a Grammar School. It became a comprehensive in 2001, and became an academy in September 2011.
It comprises the main school and sports hall together with Charnwood House, the Cotham part of the North Bristol Post 16 Centre, which was refurbished and opened in 2007. Prior to 2007, Cotham School had its own sixth form.
- Tony Badger, Master of Clare College, Cambridge since 2002, and Paul Mellon Professor of American History since 1992 at the University of Cambridge.
- Paul Dirac, Lucasian Professor of Mathematics from 1932-69 at the University of Cambridge, who won the 1933 Nobel Prize in Physics with Erwin Schrödinger for work on quantum mechanics.
- Martyn Jarrett, Bishop of Beverley since 2000, and Bishop of Burnley from 1994–2000
- Wallace Fox, Professor of Community Therapeutics from 1979-86 at the Cardiothoracic Institute, Royal Brompton Hospital, who did important work on tuberculosis.
- David Garmston, journalist
- Peter Higgs, Professor of Theoretical Physics from 1980-96 at the University of Edinburgh, known for the Higgs boson, who won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Physics with Francois Englert
- Arthur Milton, cricketer
- Robert A. Pearce, Vice-Chancellor from 2003-8 of University of Wales, Lampeter
- Derek Robinson, novelist.
- John Saxbee, Bishop of Lincoln since 2001, and Bishop of Ludlow from 1994–2001
- Roy Screech, Bishop of St Germans since 2000
- John Tidmarsh, journalist
- Tom Tutin, Professor of Taxonomy from 1967-73 at the University of Leicester, Professor of Botany from 1947–67, and President from 1957-61 of the Botanical Society of the British Isles who authored Flora Europaea
- Amy Willerton, Contestant on I'm a Celebrity 2013 and contestant in Miss Universe.
- Griffiths, Jon (March 2006). "Cotham Old Boys". Bristol. BBC. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Professor's visit thrills his old school". Bristol Post (17 May 2012). Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "The clergy". Worksop Priory. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Professor Wallace Fox". Telegraph. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Dave Garmston". Radio West. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Look at why we loves Bristol.". AccessMyLibrary - Europe Intelligence Wire (From Bristol Evening Post) (Gale). 17 November 2004. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Arthur Milton". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Derek Robinson". Good Reads. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Bristol church organist's 60 years of service marked". BBC. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "A man of the World Service". Bristol Post. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- ""I was bullied at school": Bristol I'm a Celebrity contestant Amy Willerton on her time at school". Bristol Post. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.