This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
TSX: BCB |
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ontario, Tampa, FL, Canada, United States|
Number of locations
|Over 50 manufacturing sites and over 370 branch distribution and warehouse facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Israel.|
Chairman: David T. Gibbons|
President and CEO: Jerry Fowden
CFO: Jay Wells
|Products||Water, coffee, tea, extracts, and filtration equipment|
|Services||Home and office bottled water delivery, office coffee services, filtration services, and full service production and creation of hot beverage portfolios centered around coffee, tea and extract solutions|
|Revenue||$2.3 Billion (2017)|
|$48.9 Million (2017)|
|($3.6) Million (2017)|
|Total assets||$3.0 Billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$879.6 Million (2017)|
Number of employees
Cott Corporation is a beverage and foodservice company based in Canada. Cott's platform across North America and Europe is supported by sales and distribution facilities and fleets, as well as wholesalers and distributors, servicing residences, businesses, restaurant chains, hotels and motels, small and large retailers, and healthcare facilities. In bottled water, Cott offers brands including Sparkletts, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Canadian Springs, Labrador, and Eden Springs. In office coffee services, Cott offers products under brands including Keurig, Mars Alterra, Starbucks Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Javarama, and Lavazza. In coffee roasting and tea blending, Cott sells the majority of its manufactured coffee and tea products under retailer or foodservice brands to customers who own the trademarks associated with those products.
Cott Beverage Corporation was founded in 1923 by Solomon Cott, a Polish immigrant, and his son Harry, in Port Chester, New York. Harry Pencer, a clothier from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, began to import Cott sodas into Quebec, Canada, in 1952. In 1955 Pencer acquired the Canadian rights to the Cott label and established Cott Beverages (Canada) Ltd., to bottle the Cott line of sodas. From 1976 to 1991, Cott expanded its distribution throughout Canada and back into the U.S. and into Europe. In 1969, the name was changed to Cott Beverages Ltd., and in 1991 to Cott Corporation. In October 2000, Concord Beverages, with its Vintage brand seltzer water, was acquired from Honickman Group.
In June 2016, Cott announced it had agreed to a deal to acquire Eden Springs, Europe's largest home and office water delivery business as well as a top five position in filtration and office coffee services with presence in 17 European countries and Israel.
In August 2016, Cott announced the acquisition of S&D Coffee and Tea, a U.S.-based manufacturer, distributor and service provider of custom coffee roasting, tea blending and liquid extract production.
In July 2017, Cott announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement to sell its carbonated soft drinks and juice manufacturing businesses to Refresco (Euronext:RFRG) for aggregate consideration of USD$1.25 billion. The transaction included the Cott North America, Cott U.K. and Cott Mexico business units (excluding the RCI International division and its associated manufacturing facility located in Columbus, GA United States as well as the Aimia Foods Division located in the United Kingdom). The transaction closed on January 30, 2018.
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Three gallon and five gallon bottled water, small format bottled water, coffee, brewed tea, water dispensers, coffee and tea brewers, specialty coffee, liquid coffee, tea concentrate, single cup coffee, cold brewed coffee, iced blend coffee or tea beverages, tea, blended teas, hot tea, sparkling tea, coffee or tea extract solutions, filtration equipment, hot chocolate, soups, malt drinks, creamers/whiteners, cereals, beverage concentrates and mineral water.
In May 2014, Cott completed the acquisition of Aimia Foods (Holdings) Limited, a privately held producer and distributor of hot chocolate, coffee and powdered beverages primarily through foodservice, vending and retail channels, and a producer of hot and cold cereal products on a contract manufacturing basis located in Merseyside, United Kingdom.
In December 2014, Cott completed the acquisition of DSS Group, Inc. a bottled water and coffee direct-to-consumer home and office delivery services provider in the United States. The aggregate consideration was approximately $1.25 billion.
In January 2016, Cott completed the acquisition of Aquaterra, a Canadian bottled water and coffee direct-to-consumer home and office delivery services provider. The initial purchase price paid by Cott was approximately C$62 million.
In August 2016, Cott completed the acquisition of Eden Springs, a European provider direct-to-consumer services provider specializing in home and office delivery water, office coffee services and filtration solutions. The initial purchase price paid by Cott was approximately €470 million.
In August 2016, Cott completed the acquisition of S&D Coffee and Tea, a privately held premium coffee roaster and provider of customized coffee, tea and extract solutions to the foodservice, convenience, hospitality and office segments located in Concord, North Carolina United States. The initial purchase price paid by Cott was approximately $355 million.
In 2017, Cott acquired Decantae Mineral Water Ltd, located in North Wales, United Kingdom.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Jerry Fowden, chief executive officer
- Jay Wells, chief financial officer
- Thomas Harrington, president of services/chief executive officer – DSS Business Unit
- Ron Hinson, chief executive officer – S&D Business Unit
- Marni Morgan Poe, vice president, general counsel, and secretary
Board of directors
- David T. Gibbons, chairman of the board
- Eric Rosenfeld, lead independent director, president and chief executive officer of Crescendo Partners, L.P
- Stephen H. Halperin, partner, Goodmans
- Betty Jane (Scheihing) Hess, corporate director
- Gregory Monahan, managing director of Crescendo Partners, L.P
- Mario Pilozzi, corporate director
- Graham Savage, corporate director
- Kenneth C. Keller, Jr., chief portfolio officer of Mars Wrigley
|Subsidiary||State of incorporation||Holdings|
|10321338 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|10459682 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|10459739 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|10459755 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|156775 Canada Inc.||Canada||100%|
|4368479 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|9973443 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|9973443 Canada Limited||Canada||100%|
|Aimia Foods EBT Company Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Aimia Foods Group Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Aimia Foods Holdings Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Aimia Foods Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Café Espresso Italia Ltd||Israel||100%|
|Carbon Luxembourg S.a.r.l.||Luxembourg||100%|
|Chateau d'Eau SAS||France||100%|
|Cott (Barbados) IBC Ltd.||Barbados||100%|
|Cott Beverages LLC||Delaware||100%|
|Cott Beverages Luxembourg S.a.r.l.||Luxembourg||100%|
|Cott do Brasil Industria, Comercio, Importacao e Exportacao de Bebidas e Concentrados Ltda||Brazil||100%|
|Cott Europe Trading Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Cott Holdings Inc.||Delaware||100%|
|Cott Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Cott Retail Brands Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Cott Switzerland GmbH||Switzerland||100%|
|Cott UK Acquisition Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Cott Ventures UK Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Decantae Mineral Water Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Dispensing Coffee Club (IAI-2003) Ltd||Israel||100%|
|DS Customer Care, LLC||Delaware||100%|
|DS Services of America, Inc.||Delaware||100%|
|Eden Centro Especial De Empleo S.L.U.||Spain||100%|
|Eden Distryucja sp. z o.o.||Poland||100%|
|Eden Integration S.L.U||Spain||100%|
|Eden Springs (Denmark) AS||Denmark||100%|
|Eden Springs (Europe) S.A.||Switzerland||100%|
|Eden Springs (Norway) AS||Norway||100%|
|Eden Springs (Sweden) AB||Sweden||100%|
|Eden Springs (Switzerland) SA||Switzerland||100%|
|Eden Springs Espana S.A.U||Spain||100%|
|Eden Springs Estonia OU||Estonia||100%|
|Eden Springs i Porla Brunna AB||Sweden||100%|
|Eden Springs International S.A.||Switzerland||100%|
|Eden Springs Latvia SIA||Latvia||100%|
|Eden Springs Limited Liability Company||Russia||100%|
|Eden Springs Nederland B.V.||Netherlands||100%|
|Eden Springs OY Finland||Finland||100%|
|Eden Springs Portugal S.A.||Portugal||100%|
|Eden Springs Scandinavia AB||Sweden||100%|
|Eden Springs sp. z o.o.||Poland||100%|
|Eden Springs UK Ltd||United Kingdom||100%|
|Eden Water and Coffee Deutschland GmbH||Germany||100%|
|Garraways Ltd||United Kingdom||100%|
|Hydropure Distribution Ltd||United Kingdom||100%|
|Kafevend Group Ltd||United Kingdom||100%|
|Kafevend Holdings Ltd||United Kingdom||100%|
|Mey Eden Bar – First Class Services Ltd||Israel||100%|
|Mey Eden Ltd||Israel||100%|
|Mey Eden Marketing (2000) Ltd||Israel||100%|
|Mey Eden Production (2007) Ltd||Israel||100%|
|Old WCS (Bottlers) Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Pauza Coffee Services Ltd||Israel||95.6%|
|Pure Choice Watercoolers Ltd||United Kingdom||100%|
|S. & D. Coffee, Inc.||North Carolina||100%|
|SEMD, Societe des eaux minerales de Dorenaz SA||Switzerland||100%|
|SIA <<OCS Services>>||Latvia||100%|
|Stockpack Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|Total Water Solutions Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
|UAB Eden Springs Lietuva||Lithuania||100%|
|Water Coolers (Scotland) Limited||United Kingdom||100%|
- "Form 10-K". Sec.gov. 30 December 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Form 10-K". Sec.gov. 30 December 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- History of Cott Corporation – FundingUniverse. Fundinguniverse.com. Retrieved on July 24, 2012.
- Cott Corporation (March 7, 2001). "FORM 10-K" (filing for the SEC). Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- Cott Corporation Has Acquired Honickman Group's Concord Beverage To Strengthen U.S. Presence; Earnings, Excluding One-Time Gain, Triple In The 7th Profitable Quarter. Findarticles.com. Retrieved on July 24, 2012.
- Friend, David (July 8, 2010). "Analyst applauds Cott's acquisition". The Star. Toronto.
- "Canada's Cott Corp to buy U.S.-based water, coffee distributor" (Press release). Reuters. 6 November 2014.
- "Cott Announces Plans to Expand Its Home and Office Bottled Water Delivery and Office Coffee Services Platform Through The Acquisition of Eden Springs in Europe" (Press release). Marketwired. 7 June 2016.
- "Cott Announces Acquisition of S&D Coffee and Tea, Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results and Declares Dividend" (Press release). Marketwired. 4 August 2016.
- "Cott Announces Agreement to Sell Its Traditional Beverage Manufacturing Business to Refresco in All-Cash Transaction" (Press release). CISION PR Newswire. 25 July 2017.
- "Cott Announces U.K. Business Unit's Acquisition of Aimia Foods" (Press release). Marketwired. 30 May 2014.
- "Cott Announces Closing of DS Services Acquisition" (Press release). Marketwired. 12 December 2014.
- "Cott Announces Closing of Aquaterra Acquisition" (Press release). Marketwired. 5 January 2016.
- "Cott Announces Closing of Eden Springs Acquisition" (Press release). Marketwired. 2 August 2016.
- "Cott Announces Closing of S&D Acquisition and Date for Modeling Conference Call" (Press release). Marketwired. 11 August 2016.
- EX-21.1 · List of Subsidiaries of Cott Corporation. Secinfo.com. Retrieved on April 5, 2018.