Cottbus Air Base
|Cottbus Air Base
|Elevation AMSL||220 ft / 67 m|
Source: Military Airfield Directory
During World War II the air base in Cottbus was used by the Luftwaffe and during the 1970s and '80s by the National People's Army. Following German reunification until 2004, the air base was also used by the Bundeswehr.
The airport is currently closed to air-traffic, although the concrete paved runway has been designated for use by cargo flights in the event of an emergency. There is an aerospace museum on site.
- "Flugplatz Cottbus". Military Airfield Directory (in German). Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- "Flugplatz Cottbus-Nord im Süden Brandenburgs verkauft" (PDF). Bundesanstalt für Immobilienaufgaben (in German). Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- "The Property". Cottbus.de. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Becker, Jürgen (25 July 2007). "Auf Ex-Flugplatz Cottbus-Nord sollen 1000 Jobs entstehen". Lausitzer Rundschau (in German). Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Cottbus Aerospace Museum (German)