Cottonwood Township, Cumberland County, Illinois
Location in Cumberland County
Cumberland County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1860|
|• Total||32.68 sq mi (84.6 km2)|
|• Land||32.67 sq mi (84.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
|• Density||15.9/sq mi (6.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62428, 62440, 62468, 62469|
|GNIS feature ID||0428849|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 32.68 square miles (84.6 km2), of which 32.67 square miles (84.6 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water. The Embarras River defines the township's eastern border.
The township contains these three cemeteries: Haggins, Hutton and Tippett.
Airports and landing strips
- Thornton Airport
- Charleston Community Unit School District 1
- Cumberland Community Unit School District 77
- Neoga Community Unit School District 3
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Cottonwood Township, Cumberland County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Pleasant Grove Township, Coles County||Hutton Township, Coles County|
|Neoga Township||Union Township|