Cougar Mountain Software
|Bob Gossett, founder
Chuck Gossett, Chief Executive Officer and President
|Products||Accounting Software, Nonprofit Fund, Retail Point of Sale, and Payroll|
Cougar Mountain Software is a privately held company based in Boise, Idaho that manufactures and markets accounting software, retail software and business software to small to mid-sized companies. They are a Microsoft Certified Partner.
The company was founded by Bob Gossett in 1982 in Boise, Idaho. His son, Chuck Gossett, is currently the Chief Executive Officer and President. Cougar Mountain develops Denali and CMS Professional accounting software programs for sale in primarily the US market. Cougar Mountain adopted the Agile methodology for its software development and uses the Scrum framework for its execution.
Denali is an accounting software program used by small and medium sized organizations. Denali is sold in two primary packages: business and nonprofit. There are eight accounting modules available: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliation, General Ledger, Inventory, Order Entry, Point of Sale, and Purchase Order. Each module provides the accounting needs of a business, which includes tracking vendors and customers, controlling inventory, sales, bank account management, and financial reporting. The nonprofit version Fund provides capabilities for grant management and budgeting. The software is modularized allowing any combination to be used as needed to run the organization.
CMS Professional is an accounting software program used by small and medium sized organizations. It has nine accounting modules and is sold in packages.
Founded by Bob Gossett in 1982, the company's first accounting product was introduced as a DOS application. The company's first Windows product, CMS Professional, was introduced in 1997. In 2006, Cougar Mountain Software introduced Denali, which is based on Microsoft SQL Server technology. Cougar Mountain Software products are developed and supported from Boise, Idaho (USA).
- CMS Professional 2009, CPA Technology Advisor 5 Star Rating (June 2009)
- FUND Nonprofit Accounting, Web CPA Accounting Software Review (May 2009)
- FUND Nonprofit Accounting, CPA Technology Advisor 5 Star Rating (December 2008)
- CMS Professional 2009, Top 100 Product List on Web CPA (December 2008)
- Point of Sale, CPA Technology Advisor 5 Star Rating (October 2008)
- CMS Professional 2009, CPA Technology Advisor 5 Star Rating (September 2008)
- Accounting Software Magazine, FUND Accounting Suite (May 2008)
- Cougar Mountain FUND Accounting Software, NonProfit Technology News review
- CMS Professional Accounting, 2007 CPA Technology Advisor, 5 Star Rating
- FUND Nonprofit Accounting, 2007 CPA Technology Advisor, 5 Star Rating
- Job Cost (Manufacturing), 2007 CPA Technology Advisor, 4.5 Star Rating
- Point of Sale, 2006 CPA Technology Advisor, 5 Star Rating
- Nonprofit software, 2006 CPA Technology Advisor, 5 Star Rating
- Denali, 2006 CPA Technology Advisor, 4.5 Star Rating
- Payroll, 2006 CPA Technology Advisor, 4 Star Rating
- Making the Accounting Software Decision, Society of Nonprofit Organizations
- NPO Software Measures Up Journal of Accountancy
- Taking Full Advantage of Accounting Software WebCPA