Council of Political and Security Affairs (Saudi Arabia)
The Council of Political and Security Affairs of Saudi Arabia is one of two Subcabinets of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the other being the Council of Economic and Development Affairs. It is led by its Chairman Mohammad bin Salman. The Council is composed of the head of Intelligence and nine ministers. All members of the Council are appointed by royal decree. It was established by King Salman to replace the National Security Council in January 2015.
The Council was created to support the policymaking mechanisms of the kingdom. Upon announcing the entity on 29 January 2015, nine ministers were announced as members and the council was chaired by Prince Muhammad bin Nayef. The Council's inaugural meeting was held on 11 February 2015.
On June 21, 2017, Prince Muhammad bin Nayef was relieved of all duties by King Salman, and was replaced by Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman. He is, as a results of sitting on the Council of Economic and Development Affairs, the only royal sitting on both sub cabinets.
Upon announcing the entity on 29 January 2015, nine ministers were announced as members and the council was chaired by Prince Muhammad bin Nayef. The Council's membership consists of:
|Council of Political and Security Affairs|
|Mohammad bin Salman||First Deputy Premier, Minister of Defence, President.|
|Adel al-Jubeir||Minister of Foreign Affairs, Member.|
|Mutaib bin Abdullah (detained on November 4, 2017 on corruption charges)||Minister of National Guard, Member.|
|Saleh bin Abdul-Aziz Al ash-Sheikh||Minister of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Call and Guidance, Member.|
|Dr. Musaad bin Mohammed Al Aiban||Minister of State, Member of the Council of Ministers, Member.|
|Dr. Saad bin Khalid Al Jabry||Minister of State, Member of the Council of Ministers, Member.|
|Khalid bin Ali bin Abdullah Al-Humaidan||Chief of General Intelligence, Member.|
- Adam Schreck, The Saudi Arabian monarchy is bringing up its younger generation, Businessinsider.com, 5 February 2015
- King Salman Restructures Government, Susris.com, 29 January 2015
- Council for Political and Security Affairs (CPSA), Susris.com, 11 February 2015
- السعودية: مجلس للشؤون السياسية والأمنية يعزز عملية صناعة القرار, Aawsat.com, 31 March 2015
- Saudi king stamps his authority with staff shake-up and handouts, Ft.com, 30 January 2015
- Security and Political Affairs Council Holds Inaugural Meeting, Susris.com, 11 February 2015
- مجلس الشؤون السياسية والأمنية يناقش مستجدات «عاصفة الحزم», Okaz.com, 5 March 2015
- Simon Henderson, Saudi Arabia's big gamble, Foreignpolicy.com, 26 March 2015
- Joseph A. Kéchichian, Saudi Arabia’s Succession Shakeup and the Rise of Mohammed bin Salman, Mei.edu, 20 May 2015
- Saudi Arabia princes detained, Aljazeerah.com, 5 November 2017
|This article about government in Saudi Arabia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|