Council of the Republic of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus
Савет Рэспублікі Нацыянальнага сходу Рэспублікі Беларусі
Совет Республики Национального собрания Республики Беларусь
|7th Council of the Republic of Belarus|
|Preceded by||Supreme Soviet of Belarus|
since 6 December 2019
|None (Indirectly elected and appointed)|
|Government House, Minsk|
The Council of the Republic of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus (Belarusian: Савет Рэспублікі Нацыянальнага сходу Рэспублікі Беларусь; Russian: Совет Республики Национального собрания Республики Беларусь) is the upper house of the parliament of Belarus.
The Council consists of 64 members, and the representation is based geographically, with most of the elected members come from civil society organizations, labour collectives and public associations in their jurisdiction. Each oblast (six) and the city of Minsk (the national capital) are represented by eight members, and an additional eight members are appointed to the council via presidential quota.
Speakers of the Council of the Republic
|Name||Entered office||Left office|
|Pavel Shipuk||January 13, 1997||December 19, 2000|
|Alyaksandr Vaytovich||December 19, 2000||July 28, 2003|
|Henadz Navitski||July 28, 2003||October 31, 2008|
|Boris Batura||October 31, 2008||May 24, 2010|
|Anatoli Rubinov||May 24, 2010||December 2014|
|Mikhail Myasnikovich||December 27, 2014||December, 2019|
|Natalya Kochanova||December, 2019||Present|
- National Assembly (Parliament) of Belarus
- House of Representatives of Belarus
- Politics of Belarus
- List of legislatures by country
- "Республика Беларусь". Archived from the original on 2020-05-13. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- "Belarus former prime minister to lead upper house of parliament". TASS. 27 December 2014. Archived from the original on 31 December 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "New Belarusian senate speaker elected". Archived from the original on 2019-12-28. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- "Official website of the Council of the Republic of Belarus". Archived from the original on 15 March 2009. Retrieved 30 March 2010.