|Look up counter in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Counter may refer to:
- Compter, a small jail
- Part of a ship's stern above the waterline that extends beyond the rudder stock (see nautical terms)
- The Counter, a global hamburger restaurant chain
- Counter (furniture), a type of table which things are served upon. Usually used in bars, or eating establishments.
- Project COUNTER, an international standard for reporting usage statistics of electronic resources.
Mathematics and computing
- Counter (digital), an electronic device, mechanical device, or computer program for counting
- Jeton, a reckoning counter used on reckoning boards for calculations
- Mechanical counter
- Tally counter, mechanical counting device
- Web counter, a counter that counts the number of visits to a web page
Games and sport
- Counter (board wargames), a playing piece used in board wargames
- Counter run, an offensive play in American football
- Counter turn, an element in figure skating
- Counter (collectible card games), a small item used to represent certain objects or conditions in a collectible card game
- Jones Counter, measures distance bicycles travel
Linguistics and typography
- Counter (typography), an enclosed space in a letter-form
- Measure word, in grammar and linguistics
- Japanese counter, in the Japanese language, a word used with numbers to count objects
- Nick Counter (1940–2009), American film and television executive
- S. Allen Counter (1944–2017), American neuroscientist, polar explorer, and university administrator
- All pages beginning with "counter"
- All pages with a title containing counter
- Opposition (politics)
- Count (disambiguation)
- Counterflow (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Counter.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.