Country Club, Bronx
|Neighborhood of The Bronx|
Griswold & Research Avenues in Country Club
|City||New York City|
|• Total||0.54 km2 (0.208 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,600/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|• Median income||$67,382|
|Area code||718, 347, 646|
Country Club is mixed-income, mostly upper middle class to affluent residential neighborhood located in the East Bronx in New York City; it shares the 10465 ZIP code with Throggs Neck, although it is part of Pelham Bay; and it contains a large Italian-American population.
The neighborhood's boundaries are Pelham Bay Park to the north, Eastchester Bay to the east, Lafayette Avenue to the south, and the New England Thruway to the west. This area is policed by the 45th Precinct. Pelham Bay Park (including Orchard Beach), the largest public park in New York City, is located at Country Club's northern border. Residents are approximately 2 miles from City Island in Eastchester Bay. Country Club is bordered to the west by the Bruckner Expressway and the Throgs Neck Expressway, and to the east by the Throggs Neck Bay.
As there is no alternate side parking regulation in this residential area, many residents drive. There are two New York City Subway stations relatively nearby: Pelham Bay Park and Buhre Avenue, both on the 6 <6> trains. Surface transportation is provided by the Bx24 local bus.
Country Club has a population of around 3,548 people. It is a predominantly white neighborhood with around 89% of the population of Country Club being non-Hispanic white, while approximately 8% are of Hispanic ancestry and the remaining 3% a mix of Black and Asian.
- "Country Club neighborhood in New York". Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "An Enclave Passed Down to Generations". The New York Times. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- 45th Precinct Official Website
- "Subway Map" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. September 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-13.
- Bx24 bus schedule MTA Regional Bus Operations.
- "Villa Maria Academy Official Website". Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Bronx Community District 10" (PDF). Retrieved 17 October 2015.