Country Club Estates, Georgia
Country Club Estates, Georgia
|• Total||4.7 sq mi (12.3 km2)|
|• Land||4.6 sq mi (12.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||12 ft (4 m)|
|• Density||1,841/sq mi (710.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867238|
Country Club Estates is an unincorporated area and census-designated place (CDP) in Glynn County, Georgia, United States. It is part of the Brunswick, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 8,545 at the 2010 census, up from 7,594 in 2000.
Country Club Estates is located at  It is bordered to the south by the city of Brunswick and to the east by the Back River, an arm of the tidal Mackay River. U.S. Route 17 passes through the center of the CDP, leading south 5 miles (8 km) into downtown Brunswick and north 12 miles (19 km) to Darien. The CDP extends north as far as Chapel Crossing Road west of US 17 and Yacht Drive east of US 17.(31.211438, -81.468663).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.7 square miles (12.3 km2), of which 4.6 square miles (12.0 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km2), or 2.23%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,594 people, 3,134 households, and 2,018 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,600.1 people per square mile (617.3/km²). There were 3,539 housing units at an average density of 745.7/sq mi (287.7/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 56.56% White, 38.90% African American, 0.30% Native American, 1.09% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, 1.51% from other races, and 1.50% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.34% of the population.
There were 3,134 households out of which 30.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.6% were married couples living together, 17.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.6% were non-families. 29.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.42 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 26.2% under the age of 18, 10.2% from 18 to 24, 30.2% from 25 to 44, 22.3% from 45 to 64, and 11.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $36,794, and the median income for a family was $42,359. Males had a median income of $30,621 versus $24,291 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $18,080. About 10.0% of families and 12.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.0% of those under age 18 and 12.4% of those age 65 or over.
Zoned schools serving sections of the CDP include:
- Altama Elementary School (AES) and C. B. Greer Elementary School (GRE)
- Needwood Middle School (NMS) and Jane Macon Middle School (JMS) (small section)
- Brunswick High School (BHS) and Glynn Academy (GA)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Country Club Estates CDP, Georgia". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Country Club Estates CDP, GA." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on March 13, 2019.
- "Elementary School Zones Map." Glynn County School System. Retrieved on March 13, 2019.
- "Middle School Zones Map." Glynn County School System. Retrieved on March 13, 2019. Detail maps: JMS and NMS.
- "High School Zones Map." Glynn County School System. Retrieved on March 13, 2019.