|Industry||Insurance and financial services|
|Headquarters||Bloomington, Illinois, US|
|Jim Jacobs, CEO|
|Products||Insurance and investing|
|Revenue||$3.629 billion USD (2019)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
COUNTRY Financial is a group of US insurance and financial services companies with customers in 19 states. The group of companies offers a range of insurance and financial products and services, including auto, home, life, commercial insurance, retirement planning, investment management and trust services.
The corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, Illinois.
The company was founded in 1925 when a group of Illinois Agricultural Association members developed an organization to provide fire and lightning insurance for farmers.  In the company's first year of operation, more than 385 Illinois farmers worked part-time, offering insurance services to their friends and neighbors.
Crop insurance became available in 1926, auto insurance in 1927, and life insurance in 1929. Financial services, including retirement planning, estate planning, investment management, and annuities have been available for more than 35 years.
As of 2020, COUNTRY Financial and its alliances serve nearly one million households and businesses in 19 states. The company has more than 3,000 employees and 2,000 financial representatives.
A.M. Best rated COUNTRY Financial Property Casualty Group as A+ (Superior) in June 2019. The group consists of COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company, Middlesex Mutual Assurance Company, Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company, COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company, COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company, and Modern Service Insurance Group. A.M. Best rated COUNTRY Financial Life Group, which includes COUNTRY Life Insurance Company and COUNTRY Investors Life Assurance Company, as A+ (Superior) in June 2019.
The COUNTRY Financial insurance group consists of multiple operating companies:
- COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company
- Middlesex Mutual Assurance Company
- Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company in Salem
- COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company
- COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company
- COUNTRY Life Insurance Company
- COUNTRY Investors Life Assurance Company
- COUNTRY Trust Bank
- COUNTRY Capital Management Company
- "Country Financial | 2020 Fortune 500". Fortune.
- "Country Financial". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Country Financial". Fortune. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- "Connection between Illinois Farm Bureau and COUNTRY Financial". www.ilfb.org. Archived from the original on 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "About Us". COUNTRY Financial.
- "A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Stable for the COUNTRY Financial Property Casualty Group Members". A.M. Best.
- "2019 US Property Claims Satisfaction Study". J.D. Power. 2019-02-28. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- "Jacobs Named Next CEO at Illinois' COUNTRY Financial". Insurance Journal. 2018-09-20. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- "COUNTRY Financial - About Us". COUNTRY Financial.