County Center/Little Italy station
|San Diego Trolley station|
Siemens-Duewag U2 departing towards SAN YSDIRO TRANSIT
|Location||1550 California Street
San Diego, CA
|Owned by||San Diego Metropolitan Transit System|
County Center/Little Italy is a station of the Green Line on the San Diego Trolley. It is located in the Little Italy neighborhood of the city, which includes a variety of medium and high density housing within blocks of the station. Besides the popular residential area, San Diego's government buildings are also located within walking distance of the stop. This station was opened in July 1992, and it served as the intermin northern terminus for the Blue Line (then called the North/South Line) until the line was extended to Old Town Transit Center in June 1996.
On September 2, 2012, service to this station by the Blue Line was replaced by the Green Line as part of a system redesign. Blue Line service at this station will resume when the Mid-Coast Trolley extension is completed by 2018.
Platforms and tracks
|Trolley Northbound||■ Green Line||toward Santee Town Center (Middletown)|
|Trolley Southbound||■ Green Line||toward 12th & Imperial Transit Center (Santa Fe Depot)|
|Amtrak/Coaster||■ Pacific Surfliner||No stops|
|■ Coaster||No stops|
- Ristine, Jeff (July 23, 2006). "After 25 years, the trolley keeps on moving". San Diego Union-Tribune. Union-Tribune Publishing Co. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Construction Advisory Trolley Station Closures & Detours County Center/Little Italy Trolley Station" (PDF). San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. July 6, 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Construction Advisory Trolley Station Closures & Detours October 2012 through March 2013" (PDF). San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. October 10, 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-31. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Trolley Renewal Project". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "September 2, 2012 Service Changes. Major Bus and Trolley Service Changes". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 2012. Archived from the original on 2015-04-30. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Mid-Coast Corridor Transit Project Fact Sheet" (PDF). San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG). May 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|