List of county routes in Franklin County, New York
The former and current standard route marker for county routes in Franklin County.
|Interstates:||Interstate X (I-X)|
|US Highways:||U.S. Route X (US X)|
|State:||New York State Route X (NY X)|
|County:||County Route X (CR X)|
The Franklin County, New York, Highway Department maintains 266 miles (428 km) of roads as county routes. All county routes in Franklin County are signed with a yellow and blue pentagon. Formerly, the county used a green square marker that was unique to the county. There is no apparent pattern to how routes are assigned; however, no active county route has the same number as any of the county's U.S. Highways or New York state touring routes, with the exception of County Route 3 (CR 3). The section of New York State Route 374 (NY 374) that lies north of U.S. Route 11 (US 11) is owned and maintained by Franklin County and is thus co-signed as a state touring route and as a Franklin County route. The longest route in the county is CR 26, which was once NY 99.
|CR 1||4.72||7.60||NY 95 / CR 4 in Bombay||Bombay–Fort Covington Road||NY 37 in Fort Covington|
|CR 2||3.21||5.17||NY 95||Townsend Road in Bombay||CR 1|
|CR 3||5.48||8.82||CR 8 in Bangor||Cooks Corners Road||CR 4 in Fort Covington|
|CR 4||7.80||12.55||NY 95 / CR 1 in Bombay||Coggin Bridge–Bombay Road||NY 37 in Westville|
|CR 5||10.97||17.65||NY 458 in Waverly||Moira–St. Regis Falls Road||US 11 / NY 95 in Moira||Was part of NY 95 during the 1930s|
|CR 6||3.41||5.49||St. Lawrence County line (becomes CR 52)||North Lawrence–Moira Road in Moira||NY 95|
|CR 7||3.89||6.26||NY 11B in Dickinson||Gale Road||US 11 in Brushton|
|CR 8||10.31||16.59||Brushton village line at Moira||Fay–Brushton Road||NY 37 in Malone|
|CR 9||1.24||2.00||St. Lawrence County line (becomes CR 37)||Helena Road in Bombay||NY 95|
|CR 10||2.98||4.80||CR 12 in Brandon||Crooks Road||NY 11B in Bangor|
|CR 11||2.30||3.70||US 11 / CR 53||Depot Road in Bangor||CR 8||Former number; see CR 22|
|CR 12||3.63||5.84||CR 15||Skerry Road in Brandon||CR 13|
|CR 13||3.21||5.17||CR 12 in Brandon||Bangor–Skelly Road||NY 11B / CR 53 in Bangor|
|CR 14||14.85||23.90||CR 5 in Waverly||Red Tavern Road||NY 30 / CR 26 in Duane|
|CR 15||2.71||4.36||CR 12 in Brandon||Eddy Road||NY 11B in Bangor|
|CR 16||2.90||4.67||NY 11B||Bacon Road in Bangor||US 11|
|CR 17||4.95||7.97||US 11 in Moira||Sayles Road||CR 32 in Bombay|
|CR 18||8.16||13.13||NY 30 in Santa Clara||Forest Home Road||Ampersand Avenue in Harrietstown|
|CR 19||5.03||8.10||CR 8 in Bangor||Jewett Road||NY 37 / NY 122 in Westville|
|CR 20||5.93||9.54||NY 37 in Westville||Trout River–Westville Road||NY 30 in Constable|
|CR 21||0.23||0.37||CR 19||Old State Highway in Westville||NY 37|
|CR 22||10.26||16.51||NY 37 in Westville||Unnamed road||US 11 in Burke||Transferred to state in 1980; now NY 122|
|CR 22||2.30||3.70||US 11 / CR 53||Depot Road in Bangor||CR 8||Formerly CR 11|
|CR 23||8.88||14.29||US 11 in Malone||Malone–Chateaugay Road||US 11 in Chateaugay|
|CR 24||11.39||18.33||US 11 in Malone||Brainardsville Road||NY 190 / NY 374 in Bellmont|
|CR 25||7.46||12.01||CR 41 at Studley Hill Road||Duane Road in Malone||Malone village line|
|CR 26||19.14||30.80||NY 30 in Duane||Port Kent–Hopkinton Turnpike||NY 3 in Franklin||Designated as NY 99 from 1930 to 1994|
|CR 27||12.35||19.88||CR 26 in Duane||Pond Road||CR 25 in Malone|
|CR 28||2.90||4.67||NY 30 in Constable||Town Line Road||US 11 in Malone|
|CR 29||5.00||8.05||US 11||Jamison Line Road in Burke||Canadian border|
|CR 30||11.69||18.81||NY 86 in Brighton||Gabriels–Onchiota Road||NY 3 in Franklin||Former number; see CR 60|
Routes 31 and up
|CR 31||3.14||5.05||NY 86||Jones Pond Road in Brighton||CR 60|
|CR 32||5.74||9.24||NY 95 in Bombay||South Bombay Road||CR 3 in Bangor|
|CR 33||5.74||9.24||CR 24 in Bellmont||Willis Road||CR 23 in Chateaugay|
|CR 34||1.28||2.06||CR 23 / CR 36 in Burke village||Mill Street and Burke Center Road||US 11 in Burke|
|CR 35||6.43||10.35||US 11||Chasm Road in Chateaugay||NY 374 / CR 52|
|CR 36||4.03||6.49||CR 33 in Bellmont||Flynn Road and Depot Street||CR 23 / CR 34 in Burke village|
|CR 37||1.74||2.80||NY 374 / CR 24||Brainardsville Road in Bellmont||Clinton County line (became CR 4)||Transferred to state in 1980; now part of NY 190|
|CR 38||4.02||6.47||NY 30 in Constable||Irish Street||US 11 in Burke|
|CR 39||3.65||5.87||US 11||Earlville Road in Chateaugay||Farquher Road|
|CR 40||4.79||7.71||CR 20 in Westville||Sulphur Springs Road||CR 20 / CR 56 in Constable|
|CR 41||3.76||6.05||NY 30||Fayetteville Road in Malone||CR 25 at Studley Hill Road|
|CR 42||3.31||5.33||CR 4||Merrick Road and Salmon Street in Fort Covington||NY 37|
|CR 43||4.71||7.58||NY 37||Drum Street Road in Fort Covington||Little Salmon River bridge|
|CR 44||1.50||2.41||NY 30||Stetson Road and Hosley Avenue in Tupper Lake||NY 3 / NY 30|
|CR 45||2.40||3.86||NY 3||Wawbeek Road in Harrietstown||NY 30|
|CR 46||0.97||1.56||NY 30||Back Bay and Saranac Inn Roads in Santa Clara||NY 30|
|CR 47||1.10||1.77||Saranac Lake village line||Old Colby Lake Road in Harrietstown||NY 86|
|CR 48||3.66||5.89||Essex County line (becomes CR 18)||Franklin Falls Road in Franklin||Essex County line (becomes CR 72)|
|CR 49||0.73||1.17||Tupper Lake village line||McLaughlin Avenue in Tupper Lake||Tupper Lake village line|
|CR 50||3.63||5.84||CR 18||McMaster Road in Harrietstown||NY 186|
|CR 51||1.74||2.80||US 11||Creighton Road in Malone||NY 37|
|CR 52||4.65||7.48||US 11 / NY 374 in Chateaugay village||River Street and River Road||Canadian border at Chateaugay||Entire length overlaps with NY 374; transferred to county in 1980|
|CR 53||2.06||3.32||NY 11B / CR 13||Bangor–North Bangor Road in Bangor||US 11 / CR 22||Formerly part of NY 122; transferred to county in 1980|
|CR 54||1.40||2.25||NY 374||Forge Road in Bellmont||Clinton County line (becomes CR 5)||Formerly part of NY 190; transferred to county in 1980|
|CR 55||3.57||5.75||NY 86 in Brighton||Bloomingdale Road||Essex County line at Franklin (becomes CR 81)||Formerly part of NY 192; transferred to county in 1980|
|CR 56||1.47||2.37||NY 30||New Road in Constable||CR 20 / CR 40|
|CR 60||11.69||18.81||NY 86 in Brighton||Gabriels–Onchiota Road||NY 3 in Franklin||Formerly CR 30|
- "Franklin County Inventory Listing". New York State Department of Transportation. March 2, 2010. Archived from the original (CSV) on April 8, 2013. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- Road Map & Historical Guide – New York (Map). Cartography by Rand McNally and Company. Sun Oil Company. 1935.
- Constable Digital Raster Quadrangle (Map). 1:24,000. New York State Department of Transportation. 1969. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- "2010 Traffic Volume Report for New York State" (PDF). New York State Department of Transportation. July 25, 2011. pp. 167, 182. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 27, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- New York State Legislature. "New York State Highway Law § 341". Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- Bangor Digital Raster Quadrangle (Map). 1:24,000. New York State Department of Transportation. 1969. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- Automobile Legal Association (ALA) Automobile Green Book, 1930–31 and 1931–32 editions, (Scarborough Motor Guide Co., Boston, 1930 and 1931). The 1930–31 edition shows New York state routes prior to the 1930 renumbering
- New York State Department of Transportation (January 2012). Official Description of Highway Touring Routes, Bicycling Touring Routes, Scenic Byways, & Commemorative/Memorial Designations in New York State (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 29, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- Brainardsville Digital Raster Quadrangle (Map). 1:24,000. New York State Department of Transportation. 1969. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- New York (Map). Rand McNally and Company. 1985. ISBN 0-528-91040-X.
- New York (Map). Cartography by General Drafting. Exxon. 1979.
- Loon Lake Digital Raster Quadrangle (Map). 1:24,000. New York State Department of Transportation. 1969. Retrieved November 4, 2010.