|Length||3.22 mi (5.18 km)|
|Location||Yonkers, New York|
|West end||Nepperhan Avenue|
|I-87 / New York Thruway|
|East end||Mount Vernon Avenue|
Yonkers Avenue is an east–west street in the city of Yonkers in Westchester County, New York, in the United States. It is one of four major east–west through routes in the city. The western terminus of the street is at Nepperhan Avenue, which connects to U.S. Route 9 (US 9) and New York State Route 9A (NY 9A). Its eastern terminus is at Bronx River Road near the Bronx River Parkway. The entirety of Yonkers Avenue is maintained by the New York State Department of Transportation as New York State Route 983C from Nepperhan Avenue to the Saw Mill River Parkway and New York State Route 984E from the Saw Mill Parkway to Bronx River Road. Both are unsigned reference route designations.
A continuation of Yonkers Avenue east into Mount Vernon is signed as "To Mount Vernon Avenue" for the street it connects to on the opposite bank of the Bronx River. The bridge carrying the street over the Bronx River Parkway and the Bronx River is maintained by Westchester County and the 0.02-mile (0.03 km) long portion in Mount Vernon is designated but not signed as County Route 66A (CR 66A).
|0.00||0.00||Nepperhan Avenue south (NY 983B)|
|0.71||1.14||Saw Mill River Parkway to Cross County Parkway||Exit 5 on Saw Mill Parkway|
|1.20||1.93||Cross County Parkway east / Midland Avenue||Exit 3 on Cross County Parkway|
|2.10||3.38||I-87 / New York Thruway||Exit 2 on I-87 / Thruway; access via Central Park Avenue|
|3.22||5.18||Bronx River Road / Mount Vernon Avenue east|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "2007 Traffic Data Report for New York State" (PDF). New York State Department of Transportation. July 25, 2008. Retrieved May 30, 2009.
- New York State Department of Transportation (January 2012). Official Description of Highway Touring Routes, Bicycling Touring Routes, Scenic Byways, & Commemorative/Memorial Designations in New York State (PDF). Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Federal Highway Administration (2008). "Structure 3348160". National Bridge Inventory. United States Department of Transportation. Retrieved May 30, 2009.
- Westchester County Department of Public Works. "County roads in Mount Vernon". Retrieved May 30, 2009.
- Google (January 15, 2016). "Yonkers Avenue" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
|This article relating to roads in New York state is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|