Coup d'etat Brooklyn
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Brooklyn, NY, United States|
|Daoud Abeid, Rasu Jilani, Suhail Smit.|
coup d'etat Brooklyn // is a graphically bold military-inspired clothing company and lifestyle brand based out of the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, whose brand philosophy follows the principle "live to change something.” 
coup d’etat Brooklyn launched in Fall 2004 after American co-founders Daoud Abeid and Rasu Jilani, decided to embrace the definition of coup d'etat as a brand concept. The brand aims to “change” the current “state” of street wear or urban fashion, and the art community. The clothing line has been featured in SPIN Magazine (cover), The Source, Clutch Magazine, Complex Magazine, and other international publications.
The line consists of jackets, crew neck sweaters, graphic T-shirts and hoodies-usually with social content or bold messages that corresponds to the brand concept. Clothing can be found throughout urban neighborhoods and consumers who are inspired by both pop culture and the social-political climate. Entertainers such as The Rza, Ryan Grant of the Greenbay Packers, Erykah Badu, Malik Yoba and Charlie Murphy have been seen wearing the apparel.
- Brand Bio: http://www.cdtbk.com
- Rza wearing "Teach The Babies Tee" on the cover of Spin Magazine: http://www.spin.com/articles/festivalpalooza
- Clutch Magazine Feature: http://clutchmagonline.com/fashion/coup-detat-brooklyn-teaches-the-babies/
- coup d'etat BROOKLYN military jacket in Complex Magazine: http://www.complex.com/STYLE/Product-Guide/Jackets/Military-Jackets/COUP-DETAT-BROOKLYN-Military-jacket
- coup d'etat BROOKLYN // live to change something