Former train station in Coupland
|• Total||1.952 sq mi (5.056 km2)|
|• Land||1.926 sq mi (4.989 km2)|
|• Water||0.026 sq mi (0.067 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1355183|
Coupland's athletic teams are the "Cowboys." The Coupland Independent School District serves area students. Coupland ISD serves grades K-8. Upon graduation, the students either go to Elgin, Texas, Pflugerville, Texas or Taylor, Texas for high school courses.
In 1859, Morgan C. Hamilton bought large tracts of land along Brushy Creek from Shiloh to Rice's Crossing. Hamilton died in 1883, willing the land to his nephew, Theodore Van Buren Coupland. Mr. Coupland sold a 100-foot right-of-way to the Taylor, Bastrop and Austin Railroad in 1887. Two Taylor men subsequently formed the Coupland City Corporation to subdivide and sell land for the newly formed unincorporated community of Coupland.
Coupland residents voted overwhelmingly to incorporate on November 6, 2012, the 125th anniversary of its founding. The City of Coupland held its first City Council elections on May 13, 2013, with Jack Piper running unopposed for Mayor.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2015-06-12. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- Source: 2014 Census results for Coupland, TX
- Source: A Brief History of Coupland
- Source: Breaking News: Coupland elects its first City Council!
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- Coupland Civic Organization
- Williamson County Historical Commission page
- The Coupland Times - News blog about Coupland
- Coupland from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Coupland from TexasEscapes.com
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Coupland, Texas
|This article about a location in Williamson County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|