Coupon Mountain was an e-commerce website operated out of Monrovia, California that displays syndicated online deals. Founded in 2001 by Harry Tsao and Talmadge O’Neill, Coupon Mountain began as one of the two original website properties for MeziMedia, which was acquired by ValueClick for up to $352 million. MeziMedia was renamed to ValueClick Brands in 2010. In November 2013, ValueClick sold several of its online properties to IAC which, in addition to Coupon Mountain, included price-comparison website PriceRunner and investment education site Investopedia for $80 million. Coupon Mountain, along with PriceRunner, were being actively shopped in 2016 after slumping sales attributed to a change in Google's search algorithm  but only PriceRunner was sold in March 2016 to Swedish firm NS Intressenter  for around $100 million.
At its peak in 2008, Coupon Mountain held 14% of the total market-share for coupon websites and has been offline since October 2014.
Products and services
Through affiliate marketing partnerships with retailers including Target, Walmart, Kohl's, HP, and Nordstrom, Coupon Mountain supplied coupon codes and printable coupons to online shoppers. In contrast to daily deal sites like Groupon or LivingSocial, Coupon Mountain's model originally replicated a newspaper circular that aggregates coupons and promotions from various merchants.
In addition to its primary United States-based site, Coupon Mountain maintained international versions in the United Kingdom, Germany, and China.
The website's services were available free of charge, without requiring registration. On the Coupon Mountain website, users could subscribe to email notifications by store, a weekly newsletter, and RSS feeds. Coupon Mountain had 16 categories: arts & collectibles; automotive; babies & kids; books; music & video; clothing & shoes; computers; consumer electronics, flowers & gifts, food & beverages; health & beauty; home & garden; jewelry & watches; office& business; pet supplies; toys; games & sports; and travel.
In 2008, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post listed Coupon Mountain as one of the most popular coupons and deals sources online. Coupon Mountain has received additional press coverage on CNN, MSNBC, and The Chicago Tribune.
- Mezimedia | CrunchBase Profile
- ValueClick Acquires Comparison Shopping Operator MeziMedia For Up To $352million | TechCrunch
- ValueClick Brands, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek
- Americans become more interested in coupons - Research - BizReport
- Where to find coupons online - Marshall Loeb's Daily Money Tip - MarketWatch
- Hoak, Amy (June 15, 2008). "Surfing the Web to Save on Food." The Wall Street Journal. Accessed December 2011.
- Tuesday Tips: Using Coupons - Shop To It
- How to get the best prices - CNN.com
- Save now! 10 tips to be a better coupon sleuth - Money - 10 Tips - TODAY.com
- Topic Galleries - chicagotribune.com
- Kuchinskas, Susan (August 10, 2005). "Shopping Search: Right on the Money". Internetnews.com. Retrieved December 5, 2011.