Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
28th Street and Chicago Avenue,
|Address||800 E 28th Street|
The Institute is part of Allina Health. It was created in 2013 by the merger of Courage Center and Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute. Sister Kenny, which opened in 1942, and Courage Center, which started serving children in 1928, were both founded to serve people with disabilities.
Courage Center’s predecessor organization, the Minnesota Society for Crippled Children and Adults, had a legacy in advocating the needs of children and adults in education, by granting access to health care issues.
The Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute serves people with disabilities and those recovering from serious injuries such as a brain injury, stroke or spinal cord injury. It provides physical rehabilitation therapy and a variety of independent living services, including testing services for senior drivers. Courage Center also advocates for people with disabilities at the Minnesota state legislature and in other public forums.
The Institute serves clients of all ages with a wide range of diagnoses. The Institute’s care team provides physician, therapy, community and mental health services in more than 40 locations in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
The Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute has facilities in the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minnesota. Services are provided at several Allina Health hospitals. Some of the locations include:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis
- Buffalo Hospital in Buffalo
- Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids
- Owatonna Hospital in Owatonna
- United Hospital in St. Paul
- Unity Hospital in Fridley
- Cambridge Medical Center in Cambridge
- Regina Hospital in Hastings
- River Falls Hospital in River Falls
- New Ulm Medical Center in New Ulm
- Courage Kenny Golden Valley in Golden Valley
- Courage Kenny St. Croix in Stillwater
- many community-based Courage Kenny Sports & Physical Therapy Centers located throughout the Twin Cities metro area
- Allina Health System (2005). "History, Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute". Retrieved 2007-01-23.