Court Theatre (Chicago)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Court Theatre is a professional theatre located in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. The Court Theatre is affiliated with the University of Chicago, receiving in-kind support from the University and operating within the larger University umbrella. The Court Theatre puts on five plays per season which are attended by over 35,000 people each year.
Established in 1955.
Charles Newell has been Artistic Director since 1994, and in 2010 was joined by Stephen J. Albert as Executive Director.
- Court Theatre Official site.
- Chicago Tribune. March 6, 2008. Court Theatre's Newell will be busy on the boards. By Chris Jones. Retrieved 2008-03-16
- Chicago Tribune, February 29, 2008. Murder, mayhem at Court Theatre--and now a carnival ride. Retrieved 2008-03-16
- Chicago Tribune, May 22, 2006. Court Theatre troupe can't quite balance 'Lettice and Lovage'.
- Chicago Sun-Times, April 4, 2005. Art's effect on history propels Court Theatre's captivating 'Travesties'. Review by Kevin Nance
- Court Theatre's 'Thyestes' broadens the gory details. By Chris Jones, Tribune theater critic. October 1, 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-16
- The New York Times, Travel Guides: Chicago - Court Theatre
- Court Theatre 2009-2010 Season press release
|This article related to a building or structure in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|