Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick
|Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick|
|Location||Bathurst; Campbellton; Edmundston; Fredericton; Miramichi; Moncton; Saint John; and Woodstock|
|Number of positions||30|
|Website||Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick|
|Currently||David D. Smith|
The Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick consists of a Chief Justice among 17 judicial seats, plus a number of justices who have elected supernumerary status after many years of service and after having attained eligibility for retirement. This tally does not include the 8 federal judicial seats assigned for the family court.
Former Justices (including district)
|Name||County||Appointment||Nominated By||Prior Position(s)|
|Justice George S. Rideout||Moncton||1997||Chretien||Member of Parliament (Liberal)|
|Justice Roger Savoie||Moncton|
|Justice Jacques A. Sirois||Moncton|
|Justice Guy W. Boisvert||Bathurst|
|Justice David H. Russell||Fredericton|
|Justice Thomas W. Riordon||Miramichi|
|Justice Roger McIntyre||Bathurst|
|Justice Barbara L. Baird||Fredericton||2007||private practice|
Member of Legislative Assembly NB
|Justice Robert J. Higgins||Saint John|
|Justice Joseph Albert Pichette (1963-1975)||Edmundston|
|Justice Robert L. Tuck||Moncton|
- "Locations". Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- "Judges of the Court of Queen's Bench". Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- NUMBER OF FEDERALLY APPOINTED JUDGES AS OF JULY 1, 2018, www.fja.gc.ca
- "Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick".
- "Le Madawaska". 10 Oct 1963. Retrieved 18 Jul 2016.
- "OBITUARY FOR ROBERT TUCK". Retrieved 3 August 2018.