|Full name||Courtenay Dempsey|
|Date of birth||28 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Mount Isa, Queensland|
|Original team(s)||Morningside (NEAFL)|
|Draft||No. 19, 2005 national draft|
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Dempsey began playing football in Cairns, where he played with the Manunda Hawks in the AFL Cairns competition. He later moved to Brisbane to play with the Kenmore Bears junior football club while also playing for his school Brisbane Boys' College.
Dempsey's professional footballing career has been dogged by injuries. In 2008 he suffered a leg stress fracture and in 2011 he tore his knee anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in round four and needed a knee reconstruction.
In May 2013, he was suspended from the main playing group for breaching team rules, and was forced to train with the VFL team. In August, he tore his hamstring tendon and missed the remainder of the season.
At the conclusion of the 2016 season, he was delisted by Essendon.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- AFL Record. Round 9,2009. Slattery Publishing. pg 75.
- Horan, Michael; Pierik, Jon (2 May 2008). "Dempsey, Gumbleton join Essendon's wounded". Herald Sun.
- Walsh, Courtney (18 April 2011). "Dons crushed as star duo gone for year". The Australian.
- Matthews, Bruce (17 May 2013). "Essendon defender Courtenay Dempsey banished to VFL after posting photo of late night out on Instagram". Herald Sun. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Courtenay Dempsey hamstring damage is serious". The Age. AAP. 6 August 2013.
- Schmook, Nathan (28 October 2016). "Dempsey done as Bombers cut three more". AFL.com.au. BigPond. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- "Courtenay Dempsey statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Courtenay Dempsey.|