Courtland High School
|Courtland High School|
|6701 Smith Station Road
Spotsylvania, Virginia 22553
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Spotsylvania County Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Silver|
|Newspaper||The Courtland Chronicle|
|Feeder schools||Spotsylvania Middle School
Battlefield Middle School
Freedom Middle School
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Courtland High School was founded in 1980 as Spotsylvania County's second public high school, after Spotsylvania High School. The class of 1984 was Courtland's first graduating class that was in attendance as students for all four years.
Students by ethnicity
The diversity of the student population is 63% White, 21% Black, 10% Hispanic, 2% Asian.
Courtland has won the following state championships:
- AA Football in 1982, 1983 and 1985.
- AAA Football in 1987
- AA field hockey in 2004 and 2005.
- AA Div 4 Men's Basketball in 2009.
- AA Men's Baseball 1995 and 2000.
- Girl's Gymnastics in 1986.
- "Administration". Courtland High School. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- "Virginia Department of Education - Courtland High School".
- "Public School Review - CHS". Public School Review.
- "CHS Football Traditions".
- The Free Lance-Star; accessed August 18, 2014.
|This article about a school in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|