Courtney Cox (musician)
Courtney Cox, lead guitarist of The Iron Maidens
|Birth name||Courtney Cox|
|Also known as||Adriana Smith (stage name)|
|Born||May 18, 1974|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, tribute|
|Associated acts||The Iron Maidens, Femme Fatale (band), the Starbreakers|
Courtney Cox is an American guitarist and member of the all-female tribute band the Iron Maidens.
A native of Philadelphia, Courtney Cox first started playing guitar around the age of 13. When she turned 15, she enrolled at The Paul Green School of Rock Music. During her tenure there, she performed in various U.S tours with established acts such as Jon Anderson and Adrian Belew. She shared the stage with other performers such as George Lynch and Perry Farrell. During that time, Cox joined an all-female tribute band called Queen Diamond (tribute band to King Diamond).
At age 18, Cox continued playing guitar under the tutelage of virtuoso Chris Gordon in Wilmington, Delaware, before moving to Los Angeles In December 2008, Cox was invited as a guest performer with the Iron Maidens, after which she officially became a member of the band. As a member of the Maidens, Cox's stage name is "Adriana Smith", a female version of Iron Maiden guitarist Adrian Smith. She has also performed several national and international concert tours in the U.S. and in Japan.
Cox performed with members of Phantom Blue at the Michelle Meldrum Memorial Concert in May 2009 at the Whisky a Go Go in Hollywood, California. In 2010, she placed runner-up in Guitar World's Buyer's Guide Model Search.
- "The Iron Maidens: New Interview". Blabbermouth.net. September 6, 2010. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "Biography – Courtney Cox". JacksonGuitars.com. Archived from the original on September 25, 2010. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "THE IRON MAIDENS in Dallas: Interview, Performance Footage Available". The Times of India. New Delhi, Delhi, India: The Times Group. August 31, 2010. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "THE IRON MAIDENS To Film Japanese Tour Dates For Upcoming DVD, CD". Blabbermouth.net. January 21, 2010. Archived from the original on September 9, 2012. Retrieved September 9, 2010.
- Outhier, Craig (February 4, 2010). "The 10 Best Tribute Bands of All Time". Phoenix New Times. Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "The Iron Maidens: new interview, performance footage posted online". Hertogenbosch, Netherlands: Metalrage.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- Bansal, Andrew (February 20, 2010). "Interview with Linda McDonald, Kirsten Rosenberg, Wanda Ortiz and Courtney Cox of The Iron Maidens". Los Angeles CA, USA: metalassault.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "2010 Buyer's Guide Model Search Runner-up – Courtney Cox". Guitar World. Retrieved December 7, 2011.