Eaton on the red carpet for Gods of Egypt in 2016
6 January 1996|
Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
|Education||Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School|
Courtney Eaton (born 6 January 1996) is an Australian model and actress. She is known for her supporting roles as Cheedo the Fragile in the 2015 film Mad Max: Fury Road, and as Zaya in the 2016 film Gods of Egypt.
Eaton was born in Bunbury, Western Australia. She studied at Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School. Her father, Stephen Eaton, an IT manager, is Australian, of English descent, and her mother is a New Zealander, of Chinese, Māori, and Cook Islander ancestry.
Eaton was spotted by Christine Fox, head of Vivien's Models, in a fashion graduation at age eleven. Fox signed up Eaton with her father's blessing and prepared her to model at age sixteen. She took part in an acting workshop with Myles Pollard as part of her modelling development, and auditioned in Sydney for Mad Max: Fury Road (2015). Eaton landed a part and co-starred in the series as Cheedo the Fragile, one of the five wives of Immortan Joe in the film. Of her part, Eaton said that Fragile is "the youngest of the [five] wives."
Eaton co-starred in the fantasy action film Gods of Egypt (2016), as Zaya, a slave girl and love interest of one of the main characters (Brenton Thwaites), appearing alongside Gerard Butler and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, under Alex Proyas' direction.
In May 2016, it was announced that Eaton would be starring alongside boyfriend Ross Lynch in the comedy film Status Update, which was to begin filming the next month. She shot Live! a real-time action thriller in Birmingham Alabama in early summer 2018, with the film slated for release in 2019.
|2015||Mad Max: Fury Road||Cheedo the Fragile|
|R5: All Night||Courtney Eaton||Video short|
|2016||Gods of Egypt||Zaya|
|Angus & Julia Stone: Chateau||Lead girl||Video short|
|2018||Status Update||Charlotte Alden|
Awards and nominations
|2016||Gold Derby Awards||Best Ensemble Cast (shared with the cast)||Nominated|
- Leonard, Anne-Maree (8 August 2012). "Bunbury Teen Breaks into Hollywood". Bunbury Mail. Bunbury, Western Australia. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Bainger, Fleur (5 August 2012). "Local teen is going full throttle". Perth Now. Perth. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Ongley, Hannah (30 September 2013). "One to Watch: Mad Max Star Courtney Eaton Models Swimwear for Tigerlily". The Fashion Spot. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Kit, Borys (12 December 2013). "'Fury Road' Actress Lands Female Lead in Summit's 'Gods of Egypt'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Pamela McClintock (2 May 2016). "Cannes: Disney Channel Stars Ross Lynch, Olivia Holt Cast in 'Status Update'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 July 2016.