Courtney Zablocki (born January 28, 1981) is an American luger who competed from 1997 to 2010. Competing in two Winter Olympics, she earned her best finish of fourth in the women's singles event at Turin in 2006.
Born in Hinsdale, Illinois, she resides in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Before joining the Colorado Army National Guard after the 2006 Winter Olympics, Zablocki worked in the gardening department for The Home Depot from 2004 to the summer of 2006.
Zablocki underwent surgery on both of her hands during the week of 13 April 2009 to relieve pain and the surgery was successful.
She announced her retirement from luge on 9 August 2010, but still has intentions of wanting to remain in US Luge in some capacity.
- "Zablocki, Courtney". FIL.
- "Luge Women Singles Olympic Games 2002 Salt Lake City". todor66.com. Archived from the original on October 15, 2012.
- "Luge Women Singles Olympic Games 2006 Torino". todor66.com. Archived from the original on October 15, 2012.
- "Courtney Zablocki". 2006 Winter Olympics profile. Yahoo! Sports. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15.
- "Courtney Zablocki". USA Luge.
- "Profile for the 2006 Winter Olympics" (PDF). Home Depot.[dead link]
- "News on Zablocki's successful surgery". FIL. April 15, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- "Luge Olympian Courtney Zablocki announces retirement". FIL. August 9, 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
|This biographical article relating to luge in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|