|Cove shown within Hampshire|
5,893 (2011 Census. Cove and Southwood Ward)
|OS grid reference|
|• London||33 miles|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Cove is an ancient village turned suburb, forming the western part of Farnborough in the county of Hampshire in the south-east of England. The appropriate ward is called Cove and Southwood. It is located 33 miles (54 km) south west of London. Cove is adjacent to Hawley village and Southwood.
The Farnborough workhouse was located in Workhouse Lane, Cove (now known as Union street). This workhouse was built before 1832, was closed in 1868, sold in 1871 and demolished in the 1980s. The building was named Wilmot House, after the Lord of the manor. Mega City Four The indie/rock band lived in Medway Drive. Also the Amateur Filmmaker Mark Mahoney Lived in the village.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cove, Hampshire.|
- Hampshire County Council data
- "Rushmoor Ward population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- Cove Historical Background and Domesday Book translation
- Cove Page on Open Domesday
- Hampshire Treasures Volume 3 (Hart and Rushmoor)
- Historic Farnborough: Local History Mention of Cove Pond as present in 1949
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|