From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up covenant in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Covenant may refer to:
- Covenant (law), a promise to engage in or refrain from a specified action (including restrictive covenant, a restriction on the use of property).
- Covenant (religion), a formal alliance or agreement made by God with a religious community or with humanity in general
- Covenant (biblical), in the Hebrew Bible
- Covenant (Latter Day Saints), in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a sacred agreement between God and a person or group of people
- Covenant of allegiance in Ahmadiyya Islam, which requires followers to fulfill the Ten Conditions of Bai'at
- Covenant of Bahá'u'lláh, in the Bahá'í faith, two separate binding agreements between God and man
- Covenant theology, in Christianity interpretations of a covenant surrounding Jesus's death and resurrection
- New Covenant Theology, a Christian theological position teaching that the Old Testament laws have been abrogated or cancelled with Jesus' crucifixion, and replaced with the Law of Christ of the New Covenant
- New Covenant, a biblical interpretation often thought of as an eschatological Messianic Age or world to come and is related to the biblical concept of the Kingdom of God
- Solemn League and Covenant, an agreement between the Scottish Covenanters and the leaders of the English Parliamentarians in 1643 during the First English Civil War
Film and television
- The Covenant (film), a 2006 supernatural horror film
- Covenant (Alias), a powerful and secretive fictional terrorist organization in the TV show Alias
- "Covenant" (DS9 episode), an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- "Covenant" (Stargate SG-1), an episode of the science fiction television series Stargate SG-1
- Covenant (TV film), a 1985 TV film with James Saito
- "The Covenant", a third season episode of Walker, Texas Ranger
- Alien: Covenant, a second prequel of the Alien franchise.
- "The Covenant", a sixth season episode of Homeland
- The Covenant (novel), a novel by James Michener set in South Africa
- Covenant (World of Darkness), in the fictional World of Darkness universe
- Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, the protagonist of a series of fantasy novels by Stephen R. Donaldson
- Covenant (band), a Swedish band
- Covenant, former name of the Norwegian band now called The Kovenant
- Covenant (Morbid Angel album), the third official full-length album by death metal band Morbid Angel
- Covenant (UFO album), the 16th album by heavy metal band UFO
- Covenant (Greg Brown album)
- Covenant (Halo), a religious alliance of alien races in the Halo video game series
- Shadow Hearts: Covenant, console role-playing game developed by Nautilus and published by Midway in 2004
- Daggerfall Covenant, a faction in MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Covenant, a 1985 video game by PSS software
- Covenant, the name of a Settlement in Fallout 4
- Covenant marriage, a marriage contract that does not allow for no-fault divorce
- Covenant theology, a form of Calvinist philosophy which views all of history under the aspect of God's covenants
- The Covenant School, a school in Nashville, Tennessee.
- All pages beginning with "Covenant"
- All pages with a title containing Covenant
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Covenant.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.